- Posted: over a month ago
The Paper Store is committed to being the premiere destination for all of our customer’s gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service.
District Managers are responsible for: delivering world class service, achieving sales goals, maintaining visual excellence, and maintaining operational compliance in a fun and fast paced retail environment. The District Manager reports directly to the Regional Manager and Director of Stores. District Managers are responsible for providing customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. service approach. The District Managers responsibilities also include: building and inspiring high-performing teams who achieve sales goals, managing payroll within budget, training staff in all areas of the store, executing and maintaining visual presentation standards, maintaining operational efficiencies, and holding the team accountable for upholding The Paper Store mission statement, standards, and policies in multiple store locations. District Managers will Champion TPS company initiatives, ensuring timely execution of short- and long-term strategies and action plans.
- Act as a TPS Champion by modeling the G.U.E.S.T. service approach, and consistently delivering World Class Service
- Greet and welcome every customer warmly and with enthusiasm
- Understand customer needs by asking open-ended questions
- Explain product features and benefits in relation to the customers’ needs by providing in-depth product knowledge
- Suggest additional items to build onto sales by utilizing effective selling techniques
- Thank the customer sincerely and invite them to return and shop with us again
- Be a TPS Brand Ambassador
- Uphold a respectful work environment by modeling ethical behavior, fostering open communication, and maintaining confidential information as required
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions with sound judgement, in the best interest of the customer, store teams, and business
- Demonstrate the ability to take appropriate actions to ensure each store achieves the following: maximum sales, world class service, compelling visual presentation, operational efficiency, and manages payroll within budget constraints to improve profitability
- Possess a working knowledge of store systems, operations, processes, and supports stores as needed.
- Support on-boarding, training, and district team development to ensure succession planning
- Attract, hire and train top talent through networking and recruiting fill open positions in a timely manner
- Achieve district hiring goals and maintain staffing that meets the needs of the business
- Maximize team performance by using company performance management tools (Mid/Year end reviews, career path worksheets, PIP, and all performance documentation)
- Build positive working relationships with other District Managers, merchandisers and corporate partners to clarify priorities, share business ideas and best practices
- Ensure stores take action on all company direction (Smart Sheet, email, etc.) in a timely manner
- Deliver a visually inspiring store environment at all times through: maintaining the integrity of visual direction, ensuring replenishment and recovery of the sales floor meets company standards, and backroom efficiencies and cleanliness expectations are achieved
- Ensure stores are following all Policy and Procedure, Loss Prevention and Sales Audit guidelines by completing DM checklist, Guest Checklist, etc. on a daily/monthly basis as required
- Previous experience in specialty retail multi-unit management is preferred
- College degree or relevant work experience preferred
- Demonstrate an ability to multi task, while being attentive to customers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and POS Systems
- Ability to adapt to and embrace change
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work well and be a leader in a team environment to deliver daily sales goal initiatives
- Professional attire, demeanor, appearance and compliance to company dress code required
- Possess the resourcefulness and initiative to problem solve, operate strategically, and act as a team builder
- Ability to work autonomously while paying strong attention to detail
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor and/or stock room for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items up to 50 lbs., while utilizing appropriate safety techniques
The Paper Store is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
Full-time District Manager position for the Greater Boston area.
THE PAPER STORE
RetailView all jobs at THE PAPER STORE
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?