The Paper Store is committed to being the premiere destination for all our customers’ gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service.
An amazing opportunity for an engaged and self-motivated individual who wants to grow! The in-house Assistant Photographer will be a collaborative, teamwork-based individual who can work well with changing priorities and shifting timelines. Great communication, trust and people skills are essential to this role, as well as a clear eye for artistic and photographic composition. This is a learning role and on-the-job photography training/mentoring will be provided by well-known Photographer, Ross Philip Anderson. Basic knowledge of photographic and lighting equipment and photographic software is required.
The Assistant Photographer reports directly to the Photographer with regular input from the Creative Director and Art Director.
- Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of corporate responsibility. Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Ensures that actions are consistent with words.
- Communication: Communicates information with consistency and clarity; uses active listening to effectively understand and provide feedback. Adjusts communication style to suit the audience to promote engagement and increase understanding.
- Creativity and Initiative: Forward-thinking, recognizes opportunities and finds new ways of doing things and implements improvements whenever possible. Encourages creativity and innovation.
- Professionalism: Maintains a professional and positive manner even under changing or uncertain conditions. Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, encouragement and direction. Engages others to accomplish organizational and departmental goals. Is seen as a role model.
- Personal Development: Displays self-awareness, a high level of energy, persistence and a positive outlook. Continuously seeks ways to improve and learns from mistakes and constructive feedback.
- Be a brand ambassador for The Paper Store
- Be an integral part of a high-volume photo studio, capturing visually appealing product photographs to be used across various platforms, including website, email and social media
- Facilitate correct placement of tonal values and color balance of images. Ensure color consistency across all images per product, matching images from different cameras and sets. Perform minor retouching (dust spotting, cropping, etc.)
- Shoot a daily schedule of web and social product shots, keeping current with the in-flow of products
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of visual assets, ensuring easy access and organization. Input/update file names, metadata and keywords for all photography
- Assist the Photographer at all shoots with equipment set-up and support as needed
- Assist with capturing in-store and event photography
- Work with the Photographer to ensure a consistent visual style that represents our brand identity and maintains our standards
- Responsible for meeting daily deadlines for products both on and off-figure, in a high-volume studio environment and on-location, as well as communicating project completion
- Assist with basic product styling
- Assist in executing photoshoots, including location scouting, prop packing/shot labeling, transporting shoot materials/equipment and assisting with Crew food pickups and errands
- Ensure studio is clean, organized and prepped for shoots and for offsite contractors (stylist, models, etc)
- Establish criteria and work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity and speed.
- Assist with other studio or photography responsibilities as requested
- Basic knowledge of photographic and lighting equipment and photographic software is required (Adobe Photoshop and Capture One)
- Videography and video-editing experience not required, but a plus
- Self-starter with a collaborative, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to follow direction at shoots and work independently, while maintaining focus on the task at hand
- Comfortable with changes and improvements and ability to accept direction and learn
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, teamwork-based environment
- Professional presentation in attire, demeanor, and appearance. Punctuality a must
- Must be able to work unsupervised at times
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Additional hours, including early mornings, evening and weekends, will be required in support of photo shoots at the studio and away location shoots
- Must have had a valid U.S. Driver’s License and maintain throughout employment an insurable or satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to work 5 days per week at the Corporate Office and/or Photo Studio
- Must supply a portfolio for consideration.
The Paper Store is an equal-opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
We are looking to hire a full-time Assistant Photographer at our corporate office!
THE PAPER STOREActon, MA
Arts and EntertainmentView All THE PAPER STORE Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.