Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Food and Beverage Consumption team is currently seeking an Account Associate who handles day-to-day servicing and project management, including answering client questions, training, and presentation development. Additionally, the Account Associate role contributes to revenue goals and increases NPD's value and relationships within client contacts. This integral member of the team will report directly to the Manager, Client Development.
This position will be based in Rosemont, IL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day servicing support for our clients, assessing and addressing client business needs
- Explore proprietary data housed in a cross-tabular software system to isolate key data points to answer client business issues
- Accurately interpreting data and clearly articulating findings and insights to both internal and external audiences in written and verbal formats
- Conduct small group client training on NPD applications and methodology, both onsite and via WebEx
- Contribute to team revenue and opportunity pipeline
- Build industry expertise by monitoring, researching and uncovering trends among consumers, retail CPG and foodservice
- 1-2+ years' experience in analytical or market research role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in consumer, POS, custom and/or syndicated research in food/foodservice an asset
- Aptitude for analyzing and organizing data to identify patterns, trends and drivers
- Experience accurately interpreting data and clearly articulating findings into cohesive and succinct stories
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities against pressing deadlines; strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly learn proprietary software/database applications
- Expert in MS Office products. (Strong Excel & PowerPoint is critical)
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.