We are seeking a Pharmacy Clerk to became a part of our team! You will assist in pharmacy operation process under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Interacting with customers and answer questions.
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Monitor storage and inventory of medications and supplies
- Processing prescriptions electronically and ensuring all information is complete and accurate
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening
- Ring up customers at the register
- Direct client to counsel window for pharmacist consultation.
- Check the fridge’s temperature and update the temperature log twice daily.
- Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims)
- Collect payments due on patients with in 14 days from receiving the pickup or delivery date.
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g. record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security and safety measures plus quality standards
- Contributes to team work and efforts to accomplish needed results.
- Standing for long periods of time and may lift up to 25 pounds
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of Personal Health Information (PHI) as needed by HIPPA.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration (DEA), and the food and drug administration (FDA).
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Previous experience in pharmacy field
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Entering data quickly and accurately
THE MEDICINE SHOPPE Pharmacy