Janitorial Crew Supervisor - (Trumbull, CT)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In 1951, The Kennedy Center was founded to create a safe space where individuals with disabilities would have the same opportunities as every other person. We believe every life is sacred and every individual brings value to their relationships, their work, and their communities.
Since then, a consistent thread of giving back has been woven into the fabric of The Kennedy CollectiveSM and all we do. Having grown from a program serving 15 children to a multifaceted organization that positively impacts over 2000 individuals with disabilities annually, our commitment to creating pathways for people to thrive by unleashing potential and empowering abilities is as strong today as it was yesterday.
Function as the Janitorial Crew Lead within Kenn Kleen which will include, but not be limited to direct supervision of Janitorial Workers and/or individuals served in the maintenance program, meet contractual requirements of all contracts, perform maintenance job functions as required, and provide work training to prepare individuals served for competitive employment.
- Ethics/ Integrity: 25%
- Planning & Organizing: 15%
- Directing & Controlling: 15%
- Quality: 15%
- Interpersonal Skills: 15%
- Project Management: 15%
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive direct supervision from the Assistant Manager and/or Manager of Janitorial Services. Much of the daily operation of the work crew is done without onsite, direct supervision.
- Directly supervise all workers at worksite.
- Complete assessments, rated wages and Therap documents as assigned.
- Complete all site-specific reports and information as assigned.
- Perform hands‑on cleaning to include but not be limited to: sweeping, mopping, general cleaning, buffing, carpet cleaning, stripping and waxing.
- Meet all contract requirements and specifications.
- Instruct crew in specific components of maintenance care through explaining, demonstrating, modeling and/or practice.
- High School Diploma.
- Two years of experience working with persons with disabilities or working on maintenance work crews preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to possess a State of CT Public Service License.
- Must maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- You are required to be in possession of a car on site during your entire shift to transport yourself and/or individuals served to community sites in all weather conditions and throughout all neighborhoods.
- Depending upon assignment, must be able to work in a variety of settings, weather conditions and locations.
- Must maintain PMT and CPR certification.
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office and the internet.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Distribute and utilize equipment and work materials, which frequently include lifting, carrying, pushing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching and climbing.
- Provide hands on personal care which may include toileting, feeding, cleaning and all other activities of daily living skills.
- Have physical endurance to use physical crisis intervention techniques which may include restraining individuals.
- Provide physical intervention which may include lifting, mobility, first aid, and safety evacuations.
- Move and lift weights up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Work independently, utilize good judgment, and possess a strong sense of initiative.
- Communicate clearly in oral and written form on a constant basis.
- Operate maintenance equipment including carpet shampooer and buffing machine.
Our employee benefits package includes Medical & Dental, Life / AD&D, Disability, Paid time off and Retirement.
The Kennedy CollectiveSM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Monday: 1pm to 8pm
Tuesday: 230pm to 730pm
Wednesday: 230pm to 8pm
Thursday: 3pm to 730pm
Friday: 3pm to 8pm
Hours tend to vary, must be flexible.
THE KENNEDY COLLECTIVE
Get fresh Janitorial Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.