- Expired: June 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lighthouse Industries - Chicago, IL
Optional Work from Home
4 Year Degree
Up to 25%
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The purpose of the Program Manager is to build positive relationships with clients, communicate with and manage internal resources as needed, and design, execute, and analyze various projects and initiatives related to social enterprise development and growth.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Domestic travel to associated agencies, government agencies, commercial customers, offices and meetings required (up to 20%).
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the management of the Social Business Enterprise (SBE) programs and other categories as assigned.
- Actively involved in development, implementation, and execution of service business plans and account plans for the services categories assigned.
- Coordinate training and development efforts to enhance the performance and professionalism of the cross functional team.
- Assist with forecast budget requirements and work with Senior Management to align goals with annual Business Plan to meet overall corporate objectives.
- Participate in conferences to increase program awareness and sales.
- Provide activity reviews and other reports as requested by Senior Leadership.
- Proficient in the use Salesforce, Manpower reporting and Oracle Enterprise System in support of service development processes and reporting.
- Educate and communicate information pertaining to the current Programs and Service Department to federal and commercial customers, non-profit agency (NPA)s and The Chicago Lighthouse Staff.
- Actively assists The Chicago Lighthouse Associated Agencies by developing complete knowledge of contract requirements in the development of Price and Technical Proposals. Supports NPA as liaison to federal procurement activity and in price negotiations as needed. Determines work requirements, estimating labor, assessing capabilities, and developing standards, pricing, costing, and analyzing operations and contract requirements.
- Networks and gains knowledge regarding government and potential commercial service customers via marketing calls, conventions, and other training or public affairs opportunities.
- After establishing project goals, milestones and priorities, identifies those goals or milestones that require specific technical or specialized expertise to achieve and requests assistance for resources from Senior leadership.
- Actively involved in training customer service staff
- Participates in special project activities related to SBE business development such as:
- Process Re-engineering efforts, Regulatory Committees, Sub-Committees and Workgroups and new business development ventures.
- Supports consultants in training and business development efforts as needed.
- Provides written reports as required by Senior leadership.
- Manages the development, implementation, and execution of business plans for SBE
- Assists with the development and continued improvement of current relationships with vendors.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Care
- Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
- Process Improvement
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or similar. Experience in operations, planning, project development and team building, as well as some manufacturing experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
- Minimum of eight (5-7) years working in business, project management or contract planning and development. Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment. Interacting/collaborating regularly with Sales, Contracting and Pricing Departments toward achievement of team and organizational goals.
- Experience in government procurement procedures, acquisition regulations and preferential procurement programs is highly desirable. Experience working and coordination with non-profit agency (NPA) management and government procurement professionals.
- The position requires an appreciation for accuracy and detail as well as excellent communication, organizational, negotiation and personal computer skills. Proven experience in customer satisfaction and problem solving within private, non-profit or government sector organizations.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to perform business development functions independently or in tandem with Sales Managers required.
- Commitment to our mission of providing opportunities for people who are visually impaired, blind, deaf-blind, otherwise disabled or veterans is essential.
BENEFIT PACKAGE UP TO AN ADDITIONAL 25% OF SALARY INCLUDING:
- 10 days paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays
- 6 sick days accrued over the year, up to 16 days available to be accumulated
- Insurance Eligibility the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment
- Medical (65% covered by the Chicago Lighthouse), dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/long term disability
- Life insurance 2x salary
- Employee recognition events
- Company paid pension plan after one year of employment
- Reasonably priced delicious food options on site (except at Glenview location)
- Access to micro-kitchen
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired is an Equal Opportunity Employer in full compliance with local, state, and federal Civil Rights & Affirmative Action laws. The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired maintains a strong policy of accommodation and a consistent practice of employing qualified individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, military status, order of protection status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
THE CHICAGO LIGHTHOUSE
BusinessView all jobs at THE CHICAGO LIGHTHOUSE