Building Maintenance Project Manager/Site Supervisor
- $110,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
WE KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF AND VALUE OUR TEAM MEMBERS!
Up to $110K/YR DOE
We have an excellent career opportunity for a full time Building Maintenance Project Manager/Site Supervisor, located in NW Washington, DC.
What we offer:
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K% Match
- Long & Short-term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Training
We offer a generous compensation package above industry standards with benefit coverage beginning on your first day with us!
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
The Project Manager is responsible for the supervision and oversight of the day-to-day performance of the onsite technical staff, to include serving as the technical expert and perform a variety of mechanical trade functions as the installation, maintenance or repair of equipment relating to the efficient operation, maintenance, and repair of building systems. Building systems include HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, painting, masonry, flooring, and hardware.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure adequate staffing and follow all administrative and technical policies and procedures. This includes using the ADP timekeeping system
- Complete and oversee the Onsite Supervisor(s) in checking on status of work orders and PMs
- Participate in onsite interviews BPA Manager for onsite staff candidates
- Lead and maintain a strong, trained and disciplined workforce
- Manages the operations of the contract, including: the performance of daily operations, scheduled maintenance, and service requests
- Evaluate and ensure the efficient operation of the project, controlling operational expenses at a minimum level which is consistent with sound maintenance practices and contractual requirements
- Provide administrative and technical direction and supervision to staff in completing work assignments
- Discuss, plan and delegate major project assignments to supervisory staff; determine building and maintenance priorities that are of significant scope
- Participate in regular program review meetings
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback to technical staff. Report staff deficiencies to BPA Manager
- Report building deficiencies. This includes unsafe and hazardous work and building conditions
- Knowledge/use of the accepted practices, processes, materials, and tools of the facility maintenance trades
- Knowledge and compliance of contract requirements including practices, processes, and policies
- Manage and oversee preventative maintenance inspections and repairs. Including prioritize, schedule, and assign work orders and PMs to technical onsite staff
- Manage and oversee the Equipment Inventory and PM Schedule in CMMS
- Complete ongoing CMMS Training
- Manage workflow of onsite technical staff. Assign and oversee workflow and tasks required to complete work orders and PMs
- Assist the BPA Manager with planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting with appraising performance; assisting with rewarding, disciplining, and terminating employees; and assisting with addressing complaints and resolving problems to foster team environment
- Order all material and supply orders as requested by onsite staff to the Logistics Department as soon as possible. Follow up with orders you have requested in a timely manner
- Oversee the Onsite Supervisor who shall organize, schedule, and participate in monthly safety meetings/training and hazard assessments
- Monitor work practices to ensure safety practices are utilized by technical onsite staff and subcontractors
- Provide training, guidance and coaching to technical onsite staff. Including assisting technical onsite staff in troubleshooting system malfunctions
- Oversee, coordinate, and execute installation, repairs, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance/repairs, assignments, and supervision including but not limited to, indoor lighting systems, electrical systems and apparatus, Main Power Distribution Systems and Panel Boards, outdoor facility lighting, construction projects, cafeteria equipment and HVAC systems, drain systems; refrigeration systems, steam system, air handler, fan coil units and associated heating and cooling towers, pump, duct/air distribution system, computer room A/C glycol units, low-pressure steam, water systems, natural gas, electrical systems and associated systems, and complex mechanical systems necessary to operate large office building
- When onsite respond to all emergency calls
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of hand tools and measuring and testing instruments
- Assist Dept of Labor operating engineers as requested
- Participate in emergency on-call list as Site Supervisor and onsite technical staff
- Escort subcontractors
- Be familiar with and oversee the Onsite Supervisor's management of the lockout/tag out program located in Trademasters Workplace Safety Plan
- Create and post tour inspection checklists and logs
- Manage and create emergency shut off list and post in all mechanical spaces
- Manage the Confined Space Program & labeling
- Manage the ACM and PACM program including identification and labeling
- Maintain the labeling of existing equipment, pipes, storage areas, containers, confined space, and workspaces as well as associated signage
- Familiar with and comply with Trademasters' Quality Control Plan
Required Experience & Skills:
- Shall possess at least five years (within the past seven years) experience in the management and supervision of building mechanical operations and maintenance for large complex commercial/industrial buildings
- Proven ability to lead a large maintenance program for commercial facilities of at least 1M square feet
- Knowledge in built-up air handler units, 200+ ton chiller units, low pressure steam, hot water converters, BAS, underground storage tanks
- Competitively bids and prepares vendor contracts to assure high quality and cost-effective services to facilities under management
- Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by management
- Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems, sprinklers and suppression systems
- Basic Computing Skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel & Word
- Proficient with CMMS software (eMaintenance)
- Working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety
- Hold and maintain required federal badging for building access.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- OSHA 10 Training
- OSHA compliant Asbestos Awareness Annual Training
- OSHA compliant Personal Protective Equipment Annual Training
- Federal Government or large hospital environment experience a plus
- Maximo experience
- Licensed in one of the trades or engineering
- Degree in industrial maintenance, engineering, or management
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to vaccination requirement policy. Employees working onsite must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination or mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status. If applicable, prospective, or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Your benefit coverage begins on your first day with us! We offer CIGNA medical & dental, Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions, EyeMed vision, company paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance and AD&D, Long Term Disability, vacation & sick leave, paid federal holidays, and 401K with a company match.
EEO Statement: Trademasters prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Company takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, protected veteran status or disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
THE BLUE COLLAR RECRUITERWashington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.