A highly regarded European developer and producer of advanced radar systems for aerospace, defense and military applications is actively seeking to recruit its top executive for it subsidiary in the United States. The company has made very significant inroads into the US market and actively works with leading defense and aerospace contractors.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the sales and day-to-day activities and drive the future direction of the firm.
Responsibilities of the Head of Sales / General Manager:
- Review existing organizational structure. Develop and execute sales and business development strategies in accordance to overall business objectives.
- Identify key players in the market including potential customers and partners (e.g. federal / government agencies, military, contractors).
- Lead the development and acquisition of new accounts while maintaining relationships with existing customers.
- Manage relationships at multiple levels and across disciplines.
- Manage sales and operational budgets.
- Liaise with the global executive management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of this Head of Sales / General Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any technical or business discipline is required; a graduate degree is highly desirable.
- Several years of experience in a sales, business development, and/or key account management capacity
- Particular sales experience on radar systems or any highly engineered products specified into equipment sold within the aerospace, defense, forensic science, military or related markets.
- An existing rolodex of partners and industry contacts would be of great value.
- Prior P&L or budgetary experience.