Chief Executive Officer (HVAC/Building Materials)
TH Bender Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With more than a century of experience and technical expertise, our client is considered one of the world’s leading manufacturers of heating and cooling systems and components for the building materials, construction, and HVAC industries. This privately-held European company maintains a very well-established international presence with sales offices, representatives, and distributors in more than 80 countries across all continents.
Our client is actively looking for a sales-focused CEO to manage and oversee all functions of its midsize US subsidiary. This executive shall provide leadership in all aspects of sales, business development and key account management in a distribution and project sales environment, as well as lead the organizational development of the company with currently about 10 employees.
- Lead a motivated team by providing senior sales management, strategic insights, and training of industry-leading best-practices.
- Lead sales managers and manage relationships at multiple levels and disciples.
- Oversee the development and acquisition of new accounts while maintaining business relationships with existing customers.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the US subsidiary.
- Participate in the development and execution of mid- and long-term plans and strategies.
- Actively manage P&L, including cash/investment planning.
- Assess market trends, go-to-market channels and market potential.
- Develop and implement action plans to grow existing markets and penetrate new markets.
- Interface regularly with international counterparts and work closely with the global executive management team.
- Represent the organization in important external business relationships and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Several years of leadership experience in sales management, business development and/or key account management coupled with some operational or general management capacity (including forecasting/finance) required.
- Experience in the hydronics, heating/cooling, or HVAC industries and familiarity with products/technologies in those fields required.
- Sales experience in highly technical and engineered components (e.g., valves, controls, hydronics) in the HVAC industry.
- Prior experience managing a company or business unit with P&L responsibility preferred.
- Sales experience of technical and engineered products sold into multi-tier channels, markets and applications strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the targeted markets and ability to identify direct and indirect customers (wholesalers, general / mechanical / controls contractors, developers, engineers, consultants) for distribution, project, and OEM business.
- An existing network of industry contacts would be a definite plus.
- Prior experience working for European-owned companies is an advantage.
Location: Hartford, CT area, but flexible