Senior Software Engineer - Technical Lead
Location: Flagstaff, AZ (relocation package available to a beautiful mountain town with skiing, hiking, and an amazing vibe)
This position does require the ability to be on-site so we are considering non-local candidates who would be wanting to relocate to beautiful Flagstaff, AZ. Relocation assistance is available.
The Software Engineer – Technical Lead position is accountable for three broad areas of responsibility: leadership, management and software engineering. The ideal candidate for this position is a ‘hands-on’ software engineer, responsible for technical leadership to a development team, and responsible for the quality of its technical deliverables.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, architecting and building Full-Stack web applications with a variety of programming languages and UI frameworks
- Using your strong knowledge of basic and advanced programming skills on client-facing applications and portals
- Collaborating using your love for design, design patterns & principles to develop elegant solutions for internally facing and externally facing platforms
- Using your ability for developing using data structures and algorithm
- Leveraging your curiosity, critical thinking skills, programming and refactoring skills
- Communicating complex technical information effectively to internal and external/non-technical stakeholders in accessible and digestible ways
- Condensing complex requirements into specific and measurable test objectives.
- Working in an agile software development environment using extreme programming practices like paired programming and TDD
- Working with third party vendors and offsite developers to implement commercial LIMS systems.
- Working in a commercial CLIA laboratory developing software applications utilizing compliance frameworks such as CLIA and HIPAA
Skills and Experience You ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years of experience working with high level programming languages like Java and Go.
- Experience developing with Java 8+ will be highly preferred.
- Hands on experience developing a Java web application using JSPs and servlets will be extremely useful.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Experience in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience in leading a team of 2-3 Software Developers and providing technical oversight
Nice To Have:
- Experience Working in a healthcare, laboratory or hospital system with knowledge of HIPAA compliance
- Experience in developing, supporting and/or implementing Laboratory Information Management Systems or Patient Tracking System preferred.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
- We are LITERALLY changing the world by providing cancer patients and their physicians with personalized information and innovative treatment options...and you'd be helping our North Campus (Flagstaff) team that is working on ways to test and prevent infectious diseases like COVID19!
- You will get to collaborate with the amazing people at TGen as we create strategy and continue to build out TGen s IT team
- We are a highly engaged and enthusiastic group who celebrate success, support in disappointment, and commit to making cancer a thing of the past!
- Full suite of benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, wellness programs and a variety of other ancillary benefits
Why Work Here?TGen has joined forces with the City of Hope to accelerate the speed with which scientists and medical staff convert research discoveries into cures for patients. The alliance is based on a simple premise: City of Hope provides a state-of-the-art clinical setting in which to advance genomic breakthroughs made by TGen. It is a collaboration that plays to the strengths of each organization. City of Hope is a pioneer in the fields of bone marrow transplantation, hematologic malignancies, select solid tumors and diabetes. TGen, meanwhile, is a leader in applying genomic analysis and bioinformatics to cancer drug development. Together, they are transforming the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
World-Changing Mission (for real...we're testing for COVID-19!), highly engaged team, amazing benefits, and cutting-edge technology!
New York, NY