Senior Software Developer Java
TGen Flagstaff, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: Ideally we'd like to have someone in Flagstaff, AZ however, we would also consider candidates in (or who would relocate to) Phoenix.
The Full Stack Developer (FSD) position will build and maintain the back-end of our software applications. Responsibilities also include structuring the back end of an application, which manages program logic and server database interaction. The position requires problem-solvers able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment alongside other engineers, developers and scientists.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Creating applications for a clinical laboratory.
- Creating portals for the reporting of lab results to medical providers and patients.
- Managing existing tools and applications within the clinical laboratory including applying patches and recommending updated applications.
- Integrating existing applications and tools into a cohesive laboratory system, by extending or creating applications as needed.
- Working with the clinical staff to understand their needs enabling you to design and develop applications to meet those needs.
Skills and Experience You'll Need to Have:
- 5+ years direct work experience as a Full Stack Developer, Java Developer or similar position.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Any experience with LIMS would be a wonderful plus.
- Demonstrated ability to condense complex requirements into specific and measurable test objectives.
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot preferred.
- Proficiency with Atlassian business team software – Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working with various stakeholders and consultants.
- Experience of Mirth (NextGen) for integration between systems will be a plus.
- Experience working with compliance frameworks such as HIPAA.
- Good communication skills to convey complex technical information effectively to internal and external/non-technical stakeholders.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
- We are LITERALLY changing the world by providing cancer patients and their physicians with personalized information and innovative treatment options.
- You will get to collaborate with the amazing people at TGen as we create strategy and continue to build out TGen s IT team
- We are a highly engaged and enthusiastic group who celebrate success, support in disappointment, and commit to making cancer a thing of the past!
- Full suite of benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, wellness programs and a variety of other ancillary benefits
TGenWhy Work Here?
World-Changing Mission (for real...we're eradicating cancer!), highly engaged team, amazing benefits, and cutting-edge technology!
TGen has joined forces with the City of Hope to accelerate the speed with which scientists and medical staff convert research discoveries into cures for patients. The alliance is based on a simple premise: City of Hope provides a state-of-the-art clinical setting in which to advance genomic breakthroughs made by TGen. It is a collaboration that plays to the strengths of each organization. City of Hope is a pioneer in the fields of bone marrow transplantation, hematologic malignancies, select solid tumors and diabetes. TGen, meanwhile, is a leader in applying genomic analysis and bioinformatics to cancer drug development. Together, they are transforming the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
TechnologyView all jobs at TGen