Psychologist / PsyD / or Psychiatrist
- Posted: over a month ago
HOT OPPORTUNITY! TGB3 is seeking to contract a Psychologist, PsyD or Psychiatrist to perform Compensation & Pension Exams (C&P) for our military Veterans at various sites through the USA.
- Length: 6-12 months (option to extend)
- Start Date: ASAP quick credentialing to train/onboard
- Hours: Full-Time / Monday-Friday
- Location: Florence, SC
- Pay: TOP HOURLY RATE
Your services support the Veterans Benefits Administration Medical Disabilities Examinations program. Veterans are scheduled for appointments at contracted facilities for compensation and pension exams and embeds practitioners in facilities as needs warrant. Dedicated facilities are in areas where there is a large Veteran population with the potential for high volume.
- The compensation and pension exam helps the VA answer questions about Veterans’ current health. The practitioners will not decide the percent of disability or rating, develop treatment plans, or prescribe medication.
- Completed documentation is sent to the VA for final determination on all disability claims.
- Prior to the exam, the practitioner reviews a Veteran’s medical or mental health history, using electronic bookmarks that highlight the portions applicable to the Veteran’s claimed condition.
- The practitioner is guided through a web-based examination form in LHI’s Provider Portal to capture the Veteran’s responses during the exam.
- Electronic exam documentation is known as a Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ) and must be submitted promptly within 48 hours of each appointment.
- The number of DBQs completed per exam will vary based on the Veteran’s claimed conditions.
- Administrative time is provided to complete exam documentation and ensure timely submission.
- The documentation is reviewed by a team of medical professionals to ensure contract compliance and guarantee the verbiage aligns with customer requirements.
- Requests for changes or corrections to exam documentation must be submitted within 48 hours of the appointment.
- Review pertinent medical history documentation and provide one-time, non-treatment compensation and pension exams for Veterans.
- The Practitioner will capture responses during the exam through a web-based examination form; all documentation will be completed electronically.
- Completed exams are sent to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for disability award determinations.
- Behavior Health exams are scheduled in 90+ minutes for a comprehensive exam for assessing PTSD, depression, anxiety and eating disorders.
•• Exam submission must be completed online, but no typing is necessary while the Veteran is present; time is provided throughout the day for dictation to ensure the flow of the patient interview is not disrupted.
Qualified candidates must be a PhD or PsyD, with a major in Psychology, who graduated from a doctorate or post-doctorate APA accredited program or a BC/BE MD. Qualified candidates must be actively licensed and able to work independently and as part of a team, have good interpersonal skills and a willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations. Candidates must possess basic computer skills.
*Compensation exam or VA experience is preferred, but not required. Module Training is provided.
Please send your CV to email@example.com along with the best date/time to schedule a call to discuss this contract opportunity. We look forward to working with you, as you work to serve America’s Heroes.
HealthcareView all jobs at TGB3