Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
TGB3 is seeking to contract a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) to perform Compensation & Pension Exams (C&P) for our military Veterans at various sites through the USA.
- Length: 6-12 months (option to extend)
- Start Date: ASAP quick credentialing to train/onboard
- Hours: Mon-Fri, Full Time/40 hours per week
- Pay: TOP HOURLY RATE
Your services support the Veterans Benefits Administration Medical Disabilities Examinations program. Veterans are scheduled for appointments at contracted facilities for compensation and pension exams and embeds practitioners in facilities as needs warrant. Dedicated facilities are in areas where there is a large Veteran population with the potential for high volume.
- The compensation and pension exam helps the VA answer questions about Veterans' current health. The practitioners will not decide the percent of disability or rating, develop treatment plans, or prescribe medication.
- Completed documentation is sent to the VA for final determination on all disability claims.
- Prior to the exam, the practitioner reviews a Veteran's medical or mental health history, using electronic bookmarks that highlight the portions applicable to the Veteran's claimed condition.
- The practitioner is guided through a web-based examination form in Client's Provider Portal to capture the Veteran's responses during the exam.
- Electronic exam documentation is known as a Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ) and must be submitted promptly within 48 hours of each appointment.
- The number of DBQs completed per exam will vary based on the Veteran's claimed conditions.
- Administrative time is provided to complete exam documentation and ensure timely submission.
- The documentation is reviewed by a team of medical professionals to ensure contract compliance and guarantee the verbiage aligns with customer requirements.
- Requests for changes or corrections to exam documentation must be submitted within 48 hours of the appointment.
- Review pertinent medical history documentation and provide one-time, non-treatment compensation and pension exams for Veterans.
- The Practitioner will capture responses during the exam through a web-based examination form; all documentation will be completed electronically.
- Completed exams are sent to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for disability award determinations.
- General Medical take 45 minutes to several hours, depending on number of disabilities being claimed; Practitioner will be provided an approximate appointment length estimate for each scheduled exam, based on the Veteran's claim(s)
General Medical Exams:
Common exams include musculoskeletal, cardio, and respiratory
Ancillaries (X-rays, labs, EKGs, PFTs, ABIs) may be ordered and will be conducted on location or nearby
Qualified candidates must have a master's degree in Nursing (NP) or successfully completed an approved Physician Assistant (PA) program.
Primary care experience is required. Qualified candidates must be actively licensed and able to work independently and as part of a team, have good interpersonal skills and a willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations. Candidates must possess basic computer skills.
*Compensation exam or VA experience is preferred, but not required. Module Training is provided.
Please send your CV to email@example.com along with the best date/time to schedule a call to discuss this contract opportunity. We look forward to working with you, as you work to serve America's Heroes.
HealthcareView all jobs at TGB3