TFS Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for multiple Network Engineers with experience administering, monitoring, and supporting Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and Meraki network appliances in production and corporate network environments. This role will be responsible for all aspects of updating, operating, managing, optimizing, and maintaining the network infrastructure and collaborating with senior engineers to best meet the needs of internal and external users.
- Operate and maintain network equipment and network software related to our client's environment. This includes routers, switches, wireless access points, LAN/WAN, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Monitor and report on capacity and performance of the network using Zenoss.
- Responsible for troubleshooting network incidents and problems. This includes on call responsibilities and responding to critical alerts as needed.
- Participate in formal incident response processes for priority incidents.
- Provide proactive recommendations for the network environment.
- Assist Application Engineers and System Engineers in troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the physical and logical network topology, segmentation, and routing flows.
- Responsible for standardizing and maintaining network configuration data and inventory.
- Maintain continuous consideration of security and regulatory compliance.
- Follow Change Management guidelines and processes.
- Participate in IT process improvement projects.
- Communicate with colleagues, management, customers, vendors and others in a professional manner.
- Work with vendors in the maintenance, service, configuration, integration and/or procurement of network infrastructure on an as needed basis.
- Work outside normal business hours when required - scheduled maintenance, outage response, last minute urgent requests.
- 3+ years of experience in supporting Cisco network environments at an enterprise scale
- 5+ years of data networking installation, operation and support in a distributed environment
- Enterprise experience with Cisco platforms, including but not limited to Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and Meraki
- Familiarity with Windows, Windows Server, Linux and Unix
- Expertise in TCP and UDP including ability to interpret packet captures
- Familiarity and experience with major routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP
- Experience with high available protocols such as HSRP, VRRP
- Integration experience with circuit provider services such as MPLS and SIP, ENLAN
Key Words: Network Administrator, Network Engineer, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDP certifications
- ITIL certification
- Python scripting experience
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
TechnologyView all jobs at TFS