Our headquarters is in Perrysburg, Ohio. This is a remote position, however, we require someone to live within an acceptable driving distance to our headquarters for meeting and events. Only candidates in Ohio, Southern Michigan, and Northeast Indiana will be considered.
TFS Global, an OnPoint Company, is the nation's largest provider of brand-independent facilities, fleet, and asset management services for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, hospitality, and numerous other industries. OnPoint Group is a fast-paced and ever-changing company and has been awarded the Best Managed Companies Award by Deloitte and WSJ for three years running, as well as having been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list for eight consecutive years! We believe in challenging the status quo and finding a better way for our customers, which is how we have grown into the company we are today.
As the leading subject matter experts in mission critical capital assets specific to the warehousing and distribution of goods, TFS is a key supply chain partner for the customers we serve. Through our nationwide, broadly linked network of affiliates and owned service centers, TFS delivers a full spectrum of products & services to more than 16,000 customer locations throughout North America.
The deep industry knowledge within the OnPoint Group network allows us to save customers time and money with a wide range of unique options that can't be found elsewhere. We provide access to superior maintenance programs tailored to individual customer needs, faster systems and equipment repairs, fully outsourced fleet management, and options for highly reconditioned, certified, and warrantied used equipment. TFS, along with OnPoint Capital, is a leading provider of comprehensive, full life-cycle fleet management for material handling industries. Based in Perrysburg, OH, TFS provides a broad range of single-source, brand independent solutions to streamline warehousing and materials management operations.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for maintaining and controlling the general ledger accounts and business transactions for the organization.
- Perform various complex analysis and reconciliations.
- Assist with the month end closing process, conducting research and making correcting journal entries, post accrual entries, and standard recurring journal entries.
- Maintain and update SL database records including new customers.
- Streamline/Manage AP & AR Processes and team
- Review bank statements, reconciliations, and all Intercompany transactions
- Assist with annual audit
- Manage Credit Card reporting and reconciliation process
- Report to the Controller and work to improve financial processes.
- Assist and/or complete cash forecasting process
- Assist with ERP integration and M&A activities, as necessary
- Internal Control management and documentation
- Complete ad-hoc reporting requests from operations and sales
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end close out responsibilities
- Support Field Operations with financial questions and research
- Create process efficiencies within reporting and monthly tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Management of Accountants. Minimum 3 years experience, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize his/her own work and work independently, with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs, and across remote offices.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas (both written and verbal) to both internal and external customers and to listen effectively to customer needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong workplace relationships with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments toward the greater good of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel, approx. 5% per year.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand up to 8 hours; use hands in repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers to type, maneuver, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds in all directions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Remote Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed primarily in the environment dictated by your home, with co-workers working remotely and communicating electronically. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand up to 8 hours; use hands in repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers to type, maneuver, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
TFS Global and OnPoint Group considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
TFS, LTDMaumee, OH
Finance and InsuranceView All TFS, LTD Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.