Job Description Summary:
Performs admission biopsychosocial assessment, acquire signatures for release of information from RADAC to access the client’s KCPC, patient program orientation, treatment planning, individual, family, and group counseling and patient education. Follows patient through internal and external continuum of care, processes, discharges, and community referrals. Completes 90 day reviews and maintains records according to the State of Kansas Substance Abuse Standards and the COA accreditation requirements. Works closely with the Supervisor and within the team concept approach to treatment. Performs the following duties directly.
In This Opportunity You Will Get To:
- Ensures program requirements are met and adhered to.
- Designs and effectively implements intervention strategies.
- Delivers therapy interventions in a controlled office environment and occasionally in client’s environment
- Identifies barriers to the successful engagement of key participants and implements strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Reports all pertinent incidents to direct supervisor as needed within 24 hours or the next working day.
- Provides direct counseling intervention.
- Identifies and networks with community resources in support of the Behavioral Health Department.
- Provides required documentation in support of program requirements.
- Ensures the accuracy, content and completeness of client files.
- Maintains a working relationship with public and private agencies involved in contracting/referring clients for treatment.
- Completes documentation and forwards reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content.
- Ensures services provided are of the highest caliber and consistency.
- Ensures that CSR requests are completed prior to the end of the initial 30 days approval for services.
- Attends all assigned internal and external professional meetings.
- Responsible for following Agency’s Substance Abuse Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Accepts youth and family referrals assigned within required time frames.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
- Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.
- Accomplish training hours as established by Addiction and Prevention Services for substance abuse counselors.
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling/Psychology or behavioral science related field required with Kansas Substance Abuse certification.
Must be credentialed to provide billable substance use services or seeking clinical supervision with a Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC), Licensed Master’s Addictions Counser (LMAC), or Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC) to be eligible to provide billable services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license, therefore.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TFI Family Services, Inc. is a leading child welfare agency providing experience, compassion, quality services and care. Our strength as an organization lies in the fact that we do what is best for children and families. TFI continues to create new resources and develop innovative solutions as we work to meet the needs of families and children.
We provide various types of services to the community including foster and kinship care, domestic and international adoption, counseling support and education, TIPS-MAPP training and visitation and exchange centers.
TFI Family Services is the parent company providing services in Kansas and Nebraska. We expanded our service area through our affiliates: TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family Initiative in Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in Kansas offering additional services to youth and families.
TFI Family Services, Inc and affiliates are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
We are committed to diversity in its leadership and staff and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. Applications will be reviewed and eligible candidates will be contacted about interviews. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we expect to receive resumes from many qualified applicants and therefore highly recommend submission as soon as possible.
Based on the hiring criteria involved with this position, background checks will be conducted if selected for employment. This includes, but not limited to: Fingerprinting, MVR, KBI, CANIS and drug screening.
For more information about our company and what we do, please visit us at:
TFI Family Services, Inc.
Powered by JazzHR
TFI Family Services