PCIT - Therapist
TFI Family Services Chanute, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Description Summary:
Promotes the well-being of children in the Grow Nurturing Families Program, participates in staff meetings and trainings and coordinates with staff from other agencies involved in providing services. Performs the following duties directly.
$1,000 Sign on Bonus
In This Opportunity You Will Get To:
- Manages a caseload of children and families in the Grow Nurturing Families PCIT program.
- Coordinates providing services to the child/family.
- Determines the services to be provided to the client and can assist with the development of the case and plans.
- Accomplishes initial and on-going assessments; individual, group and family counseling; and other professional services in accordance with best practices and COA standards.
- Maintains a close working relationship with public and private agencies involved in providing Preservation services/support.
- Conducts and coordinates assessments.
- Ensures program requirements are met and adhered to.
- Receives and accepts client referrals assigned within time requirements.
- Works with client to effectively implement intervention strategies.
- Identifies barriers to the successful engagement of key participants and implements strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Provides direct therapeutic intervention, when required.
- Ensures the accuracy, content and completeness of client case records.
- Conducts case planning conferences at required intervals.
- Provides 24 hour, on-call support to the clients served. Provides crisis intervention, when required.
- Compiles monthly statistical data and reports and forwards to appropriate agencies.
- Completes documentation and forwards reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content.
- Coordinates with Behavioral Health and other agency staff, and staff from external public and private agencies, on the delivery of services to children and families.
- Demonstrate skills in separation and loss issues for the child in care, family systems, conflict resolution and mediation.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
- Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.
- Other assigned duties.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in human services field from an accredited university required.
Minimum of two years’ experience working with youth/families experiencing developmental, emotional and/or behavioral difficulties required.
BSRB licensure is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license, therefore.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TFI Family Services, Inc. is a leading child welfare agency providing experience, compassion, quality services and care. Our strength as an organization lies in the fact that we do what is best for children and families. TFI continues to create new resources and develop innovative solutions as we work to meet the needs of families and children.
We provide various types of services to the community including foster and kinship care, domestic and international adoption, counseling support and education, TIPS-MAPP training and visitation and exchange centers.
TFI Family Services is the parent company providing services in Kansas and Nebraska. We expanded our service area through our affiliates: TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family Initiative in Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in Kansas offering additional services to youth and families.
TFI Family Services, Inc and affiliates are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
We are committed to diversity in its leadership and staff and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. Applications will be reviewed and eligible candidates will be contacted about interviews. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we expect to receive resumes from many qualified applicants and therefore highly recommend submission as soon as possible.
Based on the hiring criteria involved with this position, background checks will be conducted if selected for employment. This includes, but not limited to: Fingerprinting, MVR, KBI, CANIS and drug screening.
For more information about our company and what we do, please visit us at:
TFI Family Services, Inc.
Powered by JazzHR