Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The ThinkFoodGroup CFO will be a key strategic thought partner to the President and CEO, both operationally as well as from a fundraising and investment standpoint. They will draw on expertise in terms of efficient and effective accounting practices and controls, experience with revenue recognition, finance, forecasting, performance measurement and required controls, policies and guidelines, tax strategies and so forth. The candidate should have a proven track record of incorporating analytics as part of their overall financial planning and analysis in previous roles.
- The CFO will be a very close and key business partner to the CEO in developing and negotiating a long-term capital structure that enables the company to grow while also maintaining voting control. The CFO will be the key point of contact for investor and banking relationships and activities.
- The CFO will serve as a key member of the top management team in developing and implementing strategic business plans. They will partner with the CEO and senior team to oversee the development of strategic planning, including capital and operating budgets, to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources. This individual will lead the development of future financial strategies, establish annual financial goals and monitor and analyze performance against these objectives.
- The CFO will provide clear communications on company finances to the management team and the board (when this is created). Although privately owned, the expectation is that reporting and communication from the CFO would be at the level of any well-run private equity owned company.
- The information technology organization and responsibilities for the IT platform could be designated to the CFO if the CFO has this experience and capability. In this case, the CFO will ideally offer a viewpoint as to the IT infrastructure vision for the future, and They will provide tactics to deliver on that vision and strategy as the company grows.
- The CFO will supervise the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, including tax filings and analysis of performance, variance and cash flow. They will ensure the fiscal integrity of the company’s business through the enhancement and management of accounting systems and controls. As well as ensure a strong controls environment.
- The new CFO will play a key role in defining the company’s financial structure and balance sheet management.
- The CFO will proactively drive performance management by ensuring key metrics are created and converted into key performance indicators (KPIs). They will define accountabilities and actions necessary to achieve targets and ensure a cohesive set of management reports to monitor performance on a regular basis.
- The CFO will provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training, development and retention of top‑quality talent to ensure the extended finance organization has a high level of performance and productivity. They will instill a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency among the entire company.
- Develop and negotiate an optimal long-term capital structure to enable the aggressive growth of the business while minimizing dilution and maintaining voting control.
- Develop, capture and systematize KPIs that are helpful to senior executives in managing the consistency of operational and financial structure across locations. Incorporate analytics as part of overall financial planning and analysis.
- Build a sustainable financial, administrative and operational platform and dashboard that are fully accurate and able to support company expansion and growth.
- Restaurant, retail or hospitality industry experience a plus
- Experience in a restaurant, retail or hospitality business, ideally as the CFO, is a plus.
- Finance leadership experience
- Prior finance experience primarily in investment banking or private equity. Additional finance experience could include a range of FP&A, finance and divisional or regional CFO roles or earlier roles as a CPA in public accounting. We are open to an individual who would be a standalone CFO for the first time if they have had autonomous finance leadership experience.
- Experience operating and leading in a growth environment
- A track record of recruiting and developing talent at all levels to ensure the company has the internal talent to support its growth plans. Has worked effectively with cross-functional partners.
- Shareholder management and capital-raising experience
- Strong experience in private equity and/or investment banking with a successful track record of raising long‑term capital for mid-cap, high-growth companies in the consumer sector, ideally restaurants.
- Accounting and finance training
- M.B.A. is preferred; CPA is a plus.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope.
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
- Focuses on building the KPIs and business metrics of the business for both the restaurant and the CPG businesses.
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best-in-class solutions to create a world-class company infrastructure that is a platform for continued high growth.
- Proactive with access to capital and in managing investor meetings and follow up.
- Translates broad company strategies and growth aspirations into clear, specific objectives and plans. Ties the plans to individuals and teams so they can be held accountable.
- Anticipates and proactively thinks through the investments necessary in people, systems and processes needed to accomplish the growth plans. Establishes clear capital allocation and return on investment goals and processes.
Collaborating and Influencing
- Builds a collaborative culture and delegates roles thoughtfully to free himself/herself to work at a more strategic level.
- Collaborates with each employee to establish clear, challenging performance goals and metrics for the year.
- Designs a performance management process to monitor projects and deliver results that exceed expectations.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A self-starter; an entrepreneurial mindset with operational and financial discipline.
- A good communicator and an inclusive servant-leader.
- Ability to embrace a strong regional culture that exists within the organization; someone who shares the passion the stakeholders have for the company and the brand.
TFG Home Office
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at TFG Home Office