Nonprofit CEO for Veterans Moving Forward Inc.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Company
Veterans Moving Forward (VMF) is a non-profit organization that raises and trains service dogs, facility/therapy dogs, and emotional support dogs for veterans with physical and/or mental challenges at no cost to the veteran or their family.
All VMF service dogs assist veterans and their families, as our model focuses on providing highly trained service dogs, facility/therapy dogs, and emotional support dogs.
VMF makes a meaningful difference in the lives of disabled veterans by facilitating their recovery and increasing their safety and independence within their homes and communities.
The VMF difference stems from our understanding and appreciation that each veteran and their challenges are unique to that individual and his or her environment. Our passion is the meticulous custom matching of a veteran’s needs, the recognition of how canine therapy can play an important part in any veteran’s recovery, and then matching a dog’s capacity and training to provide the needed support.
VMF is proud to serve veterans of any era who have honorably served.
CEO Candidate’s Key Attributes
· An individual who genuinely and sincerely wants to help veterans and show their appreciation to those who have sacrificed for our Country
· A person who has a passion for public speaking and the ability to raise funding for VMF
· A visionary business leader skilled in driving organizational success and empowering high performing staff
· A person who has experience in working collaboratively with a Board of Directors
· Combining inspirational leadership and sophisticated management abilities, the CEO will advance the organization in terms of culture, capability, processes, and impact
Executive Leadership and Organizational Management
· Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to effectively monitor and report the performance of the company to employees and the Board of Directors
· Provide thoughtful and visionary executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
· Present strategic options and plans for organization impact and gain Board approval as needed to carry out the mission of the organization
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure its overall successful long-term operations
· Organize, motivate, and mentor internal team leaders to strategically grow the organization’s impact, programs, and fundraising to effectively fulfill its important mission
· Apply innovative thinking and performance measurements to analyze and support strategic decision-making
· Continually foster a culture that encourages collaboration between departments and recognizes positive contributions
· Contribute to the strategic plan and drive its implementation
· Manage and motivate staff, overseeing processes such as hiring, separation, ongoing staff development, performance management, and compensation and benefits
· Inspire a business-oriented, professional, results-driven culture across the organization and the Board of Directors
· Establish goals, objectives, and operational plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors, staff, and other leaders
- Communicate effectively with the Board by providing members with all information necessary to continually function properly and make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend all Board meetings and provide reports and updates on staff as well as all current work, project timelines, and project and organizational progress
- Work closely and openly with the Board and its committees, ensuring ongoing communication of risks, issues, as well as successes
Development and Fundraising
- Drive development and fundraising in collaboration with the Development Director, leveraging the Board as needed
- Initiate, cultivate, and extend relationships with the organization’s portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate supporters
- Ensure the organization’s financial stability and sustainability by maintaining healthy cash flow and adequate reserves
Financial Management and Administration
- Provide strategic leadership and hands-on management for all the administrative and operational functions of the organization in accordance with the mission, objectives, and policies
- Prudently direct resources and manage all financials within budget guidelines and according to current laws and regulations
- Assume responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the organization
- Monitor Board-approved budget and manage daily financial operations to ensure maximum utilization of resources and optimum financial positioning for the organization
- Build and administer the annual budget, with Board approval
External Relations and Communications
- Represent the organization and serve as chief spokesperson publicly at events, conferences, and partnership meetings
- Present and promote the organization and its mission, programs, partners, and members in a consistently positive manner
- Ensure high visibility to prospects and the public, and build interest in engaged philanthropy
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s marketing and public relations
Candidates may emerge from nonprofit, foundation, government, or commercial industry backgrounds and should possess the following:
- Three years of prior experience as a CEO, Executive Director, or in a comparable position at a nonprofit, foundation, government, or in a commercial company
- Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and a history of providing visionary leadership at the executive level
- Proven experience executing organization growth and leading a similar or larger sized successful nonprofit and/or commercial industry organization
- Proven experience working with and leading a Board of Directors and working with diverse groups of people
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as Marketing, Public Relations, Human Resources, etc.
- Experience and success in motivating, recruiting, developing, retaining, and mentoring high performance, mission-driven, and results-oriented teams
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree or equivalent experience
- Military experience is desirable, but not required
This career opportunity offers a strong starting base salary, a bonus plan, a full benefits package, and a team-oriented atmosphere that is both positive and rewarding.
TESSA MARKETING & TECHNOLOGY LLC
44225 Mercure CircleDulles, VA
Get fresh Moves Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.