Attention Medical Receptionist and Medical Office Professionals, are you looking to join one of Rochester's fastest growing Primary Care settings? We are currently working with Rochester's largest teaching hospital as we have multiple floating Medical Receptionist openings!
These openings are :
- Full time day hours
- Scheduled on a weekly basis
- Temp to hire
- No nights or weekends required
- Free parking at all offices
- Provide administrative support to the Primary Care clinical and clerical staff.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Coordinates functions associated with patient information processing for ambulatory care visits and acts as a resource to staff performing those functions.
- Monitors and assures that all functions are completed in an accurate, efficient, and customer friendly manner.
- Responsible for monitoring own performance on assigned tasks.
- Self-directed: must make complex decisions independently and assist staff in complex decision making.
- May train peers and/or less experienced support staff.
- Order office supplies
What does a typical day look like?
- Maintains and updates appointment scheduling resources, reports to Supervisor suggestions for increasing efficiency, allocates rooms to providers as available, coordinates multiple schedules and monitors for changes in availability and overbooking, and coordinates and schedules procedures and tests.
- Provides training to other clerical staff on all aspects of department-specific work, including orientation to registration, charge entry, and customer service.
- Attends educational programs for department at direction of supervisor and teaches other staff.
- Establishes financial arrangements, on a daily basis reviews management reports on visit and charge data, reconciling these reports with services provided. Where appropriate, follows-up with providers to reconcile discrepancies, and provides recommendations to Supervisor for updates to charges.
- Opens a telephone encounter in eRecord when patients have clinical questions, assesses the urgency of a situation and determines the appropriate routing for the patient, serves as a focal point for handling complaints, utilizes service recovery concepts, serves as front-line problem solver.
- Provides support for Departmental activities including monitoring inventory of supplies, supply ordering and maintenance clinic services (escorting patients, witnessing consent signatures, etc.).
- May assist with clinical tasks related to escorting patients to rooms and opening the encounter in eRecord.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency in provision of excellent customer service, accuracy of data, and efficiency of work.
- Reliable form of Transportation
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Experience in outpatient, urgent care, or specialty office setting
- Medical terminology experience required.
- Comfortable adjusting to constant change
- Demonstrated ability to word process documents and enter data into a database.
- Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction.
- Utilize advanced secretarial and computer skills to support Division Administrator, faculty members
Benefits available after 60 days, 6 paid holidays after minimum hourly requirement met