Project Controls Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TELACU Construction Management is looking for an experienced Project Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst) to work on-site for our client LACCD on the BuildLACCD Construction Program.
- Monitor the overall integrity of the project budget and forecast in accordance with approved standard operating procedures
- Participate in monthly EAC meetings to validate and review current EAC’s, including providing justification of variances
- Participate in change management meetings to identify trends and risk exposure
- Develop and maintain change management logs per standardized processes and procedures
- Participate in Risk Assessment workshops, providing input as needed to potential impacts
- Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data to identify trends and mitigate potential budget impacts
- Monitor identified trends and mitigation plans over time against actual performance
- Review and analysis of budget and expenditures against projects based upon various funding sources
- Collaborate with schedulers to review cost and schedule performance to determine cost overruns/underruns, cash-flow, issues with project durations, or variances in spend analyzing plan versus expenditures over period of time
- Review and analysis of monthly cost reports and monthly progress reports
- Review staffing plans, identify any excessive peaks or potential cost impacts and make recommendations for peak leveling
- Provide cost coding and budget verification for contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget/timetable
- Review task order requests, change orders and amendments to ensure budget availability, accurate cost coding and reporting
- Interact on a regular basis with various technical discipline leads to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that may impact the budget
- Ensure implementation of BuildLACCD policies, procedures and plans regarding cost management of capital projects with multiple funding sources
- Provide interface support and respond to all College and PMO requests for financial information
- Develops reports that support campus specific budgeting, cost control, auditing, asset tracking, using various systems and data bases that may include, but not limited to; Proliance, DELTEK Costpoint, and other systems used by the BuildLACCD Program Management Office
- Develops reports that support budgeting, cost control, auditing, asset tracking, using various systems and data bases to include but not limited to UII, Proliance, DELTEK, and other systems used by the BuildLACCD Program Management Office.
- Develop custom financial, budget and schedule reports as directed by management
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders. Identify information requirements from users and utilize various reporting and data mining applications to support daily business operations and presentations
- Maintain existing project tracking and reporting systems. Provides expertise and insight in systems design changes, updates and enhancements.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise from users using existing systems and work with all appropriate parties to find resolutions.
- Consolidate and streamline historical reports in new reporting applications associated with new project management system. Develop and enhance dashboards, KPI reports, and other summary/transactional based report on all maintained data (financial and content).
- Allocate, monitor and manage ETCs for each project.
- Create budget transfers, produces financial closeouts
- Work with the Project Managers on project budget issues (verifying budgets for additional Task Orders needed for IOR, LOR, additional services, etc.)
- Coordinate with Project Managers to establish and maintain data coding structures, project controls tools, and quality data for budgets, contracts, change orders, trends and actual costs
- Verification of charge codes for purchase requisitions and change orders to ensure proper cost accounting
- Perform necessary data entry for budget and forecast impacts
- Provides training, interface support and responds to all requests from other cost analyst
- Travel to offsite project locations as required
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 10+ years minimum recent professional experience in project controls on a construction program.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree.
- Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience utilizing DELTEK, Proliance, Data-Warehouse and other systems used by the LACCD Program Management Office or similar program.
TELACU recirculates the dollars earned from TCM and its other for-profit companies to fund social initiatives such as a nationally renowned scholarship program, more than 4,000 units of affordable housing, workforce development programs, and a variety of other initiatives to ensure economic equality and social justice. While the impact of TELACU's social programs is exceptional, each subsidiary must provide world-class service in the technical areas in which they operate- and TCM is no exception. Since 1995, we have brought our expertise to the completion of public buildings, capital improvement projects, transportation, governmental and medical facilities, water transmission and distribution systems, public housing, and recreational centers.
TELACU Construction Management is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
TELACU Construction Management
1111 Figueroa PlLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Project Controls Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.