Healthcare Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Innovation Center Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
Job Type: Permanent with all benefits
Shift: Day Shift
The Innovation Center Manager is responsible for leading teams that drive the transformation of health care within AHS. This broadly encompasses technology adoption, workflow redesign and building a culture of innovation. This requires strong skills in project management, workflow design, and data analysis and stakeholder engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Lead multidisciplinary teams, (for example, drawing from staff within clinic operations, Information Systems, Health Information Technology, and Quality Improvement) to innovate, pilot and scale new changes in health care delivery (for example: telehealth visits, remote patient monitoring, electronic patient communication tools).
· Lead multidisciplinary teams to make process improvements to existing health delivery systems. Work with managers and staff to identify root cause issues and redesign processes which improve operational efficiencies and patient and staff satisfaction.
· Build a culture of innovation by engaging staff and building capacity for staff to take on innovation or process improvement projects. Capacity building involves training and mentoring managers and staff on various techniques such as Lean and Human Centered Design.
· Assist in scanning the health care landscape for emerging solutions that can be adapted to AHS. Develop and track project management plans and key performance indicators.
· Assist in development of grants to support innovation projects. Track deliverables and provide documentation for funder/ regulatory requirements.
· Represent AHS externally on innovation topics as needed.
· Additional assignments as needed.
Oversee projects from inception to completion (i.e., project life cycle) that may include supervision of staff and their day-to-day performance.
GENERAL AGENCY/AHS DUTIES:
· Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among clients and staff.
· Enforces clinic policies and procedures, including maintenance of client confidentiality under HIPAA privacy rules, to ensure that the principles of AHS are implemented.
· Plays an active role in planning organization-wide activities such as AHS general membership meetings, fundraisers, special clinic days, and other events.
· Participates in general membership meetings, fundraisers, and other public events, as required.
· Participates in outreach activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees, as requested.
· Attends AHS staff retreats and Board of Directors meetings, as required.
· Participates in agency-wide quality improvement program processes and performance improvement teams to ensure excellence in the quality of services provided across the agency.
Master’s degree in health or business administration, public health, health information system/technology, or Bachelor’s in the same fields and 2 years of experience with project management.
· Experience in a health care setting
· Experience with management or supervision
· Experience with process improvement and design, such as Lean, human centered design etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with intermediate to advanced level competency in Excel and PowerPoint.
· Exercising sound independent judgment within the scope of authority and practice.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to train and guide staff
· Ability to work collaboratively to achieve common goals and communicate within different levels of the organization.
· Ability to multi-task, meet multiple, and sometimes competing deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, interpersonal relationships, resources, and information.
· Strong planning, problem-solving, and organization skills with high attention to detail.
· Must have excellent verbal and written skills, in-depth knowledge of computerized information systems, outstanding interpersonal and motivational skills, and possess strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
PHYSICAL & WORK DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to enable to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TEKtalent has proved to be reliable in the provision of employment to those who are actively looking for work. We have over 10 years of experience in the staffing industry and have successfully provided career opportunities and new ventures, permanent/temporary employment to many.
TEKtalent Inc. is one of the leading staffing companies, providing quality staffing solutions. Our team aims to provide you with the highest quality staffing services for both our clients and our employees. TEKtalent has proved to be reliable in the provision of employment to those who are actively looking for work. We have over 10 years of experience in the staffing industry and have successfully provided career opportunities and new ventures, permanent/temporary employment to many.