Service Technician to join our stellar service team. If you're looking for steady work and consistent hours then this is a great opportunity for you! We offer excellent benefits for you and your family, paid holidays, and a generous 401k package.
The HVAC Service Tech I will be responsible for inspecting and providing necessary service and repair to residential heating and air conditioning systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily field visits to jobsites in service area as scheduled by Service/ Warranty Manager and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Work on both basic and more advanced maintenance and repairs.
- Inspect systems to accurately diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems as necessary.
- Communicate with customers to help troubleshoot system malfunctions or problems. Tactfully explain issues to customers.
- Diagnose diverse warranty service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is required to correct.
- Work with Manager, Estimating and Install to resolve design issues and HERS testing issues.
- Properly document all inspections, repairs, and installed equipment upon arrival, including make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer
system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Clean, maintain, and replenish proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle as necessary.
- Train new HVAC Service staff. Ensure new staff is trained on service area, processes and procedures and that van is fully equipped for new employee.
- Responsible for obtaining basic car maintenance, i.e. oil changes, car washes, etc.
- Perform all other special duties or projects as assigned by Service/Warranty Manager.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in the HVAC service field with residential and light commercial experience.
- Knowledge of current HVAC code regulations and industry standards
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans and manuals
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job(s) are done correctly the first time.
- Good communication skills