Top Three Skills:1.
5+ years of experience with Web design/development using HTML5 and CSS3
2. Experience with any WCMS (they use a customized version of Wordpress)
3) 4+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Section 508 experience
PLEASE include portfolio
Job Description: Our client is seeking a Website Designer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA. The applicant will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining content-based websites; applying current agency and team standards; developing applicable documentation; communicating status to appropriate personnel; ensuring content remains updated and relevant; providing quality work; and working independently within a team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performs web design and production tasks using Dreamweaver, Web Content Management System, and/or SharePoint tools.
• Creates and optimizes 508 compliant images and PDFs for the web using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Acrobat).
• Migrates existing web content from old to new templates and implements template upgrades. Deploys new sites using current template, including configuration of associated files (navigation, heater, footer, etc).
• Performs QA reviews and all applicable testing before returning to client for final review, approval, and clearance.
• Knows and continues to keep up-to-date on Section 508 accessibility requirements and ensures all web pages and web files are compliant.
• Performs cross-browser testing and follows all internal approval and clearance processes before posting pages.
• Offers suggestions on information architecture, user experience, search engine optimization, 508 compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, and other web best practices.
• Reviews web site statistics (using Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, etc.) and uses findings to improve search engine optimization and information architecture as well as to inform customers of site performance and use.
• Attends web team meetings and provides valuable input and maintains strong, positive interoffice and client relations. Represents team in cross-organizational workgroups, communities of practice, project teams, etc.
• Uses MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and WinZip software to format and store files as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience; or a minimum 9 years experience to satisfy degree and experience requirements.
• 4 years demonstrated proficiency in website design, development, and maintenance.
• 4 years experience in Website Programming – HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS.
• 4 years experience in Website Development – Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• 2 years’ experience in Graphic Design – Photoshop or other image editing software.
• Knowledgeable of Section 508 requirements and website accessibility.
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web analytics.
• Familiarity with social media channels, website analytics, metrics, and information architecture.
• Extremely detail-oriented and skilled in quality assurance of output.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
• Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities.