A major mass media/entertainment company in Burbank is seeking a UX/Interaction Designer to turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs.
This is a 6-month long contract with the likely potential to extend up to 18 months.
● Assume the role of the user’s voice in your cross-functional group in order to help to define product requirements.
● Execute innovative interaction design concepts in a fast-paced environment while always keeping user needs at the forefront.
● Advise and collaborate with Lead UX designers, engineers and researchers to refine user interactions from concept to release.
● Strategize, brainstorm and define approaches that optimize design implementation.
● Proactively look for opportunities for reuse. Adhere to the interaction style guide and interaction uniformity within and across projects.
● Contribute and execute against the current design strategy and direction.
● Ensure the delivery of designs and prototypes are appropriate for the engineering team.
● Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
● Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
● Collaborate with, and develop mutual respect and trust with, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Engineers.
● Participate in user experience research and usability studies.
● Rapidly iterate on the development of prototypes based on input from user testing findings.
● The candidate should have 5+ years’ experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture or User Experience positions designing for web applications (Enterprise software or SaSS
● Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
● Strong proficiency with interaction design/UX principles and skills creating design deliverables including IA documentation, journey maps, rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, and annotated comps.
● Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy, and analytics.
● Ability to create complex, high fidelity prototypes using at least one of the following tools – Axure, Atomic or Invision.
● Working experience with design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite, etc.
● Solid understanding of web and mobile (native) technologies.
● Strong process orientation and documentation abilities.
● A passion for data and enterprise-grade applications.
● Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary.
● Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules.
● Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation and storytelling skills (i.e. ability to present to various levels/groups)