ROLE: STORAGE BACKUP ENGINEER - TS/SCI OR SECRET (will upgrade)
1. Experience developing and designing integrated software such as: Active Directory, Cisco, VMware, OS Service 2016
2. Experience with EMC storage and integrated storage experience
3. TS/SCI and CompTia Security +
The engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, integrating, implementing, testing, and documenting computer systems for worldwide enterprise-class networks in support of the DOD program mission.
The integration engineer will be responsible for advancing the enterprise design to include Data Center upgrades, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, SAN, MS and CISCO based systems upgrades.. This includes testing, documentation, and integration of end-user compute with the enterprise, ensuring compatibility with existing COTS and GOTS applications.
The integration engineer will be responsible for tier-three operations escalation support during break/fix situations involving the workstation baseline. The integration engineer may support patching, upgrading, and securing the image for regular update releases into production.
The integration engineer will also support other engineering activities and projects in a very diverse and fast-paced test and integration environment. General duties will include:
• Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products
• Prepares engineering plans and site installation technical design packages
• Coordinates the analysis, acquisition and installation of hardware and software
• Gathers and analyzes data to support the development of system requirements
• Provides post-installation and integration support to the operations team
• Develops work plans, procedures, and estimates as they relate to systems integration tasks and team members
• Interfaces with various team members to implement tasks according to the project management schedule
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends systems, equipment, and technologies to meet system requirements
• Develops technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Extensive experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and integrating CISCO, VMWare, and Microsoft systems
• Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office tools, to include Visio and Project
• The ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and/or troubleshooting requirements