Top Skills Needed:
1). Worked hands on with AWS in a production environment - deploy and maintain the cloud
2). CI/CD experience with Ansible or Jenkins
3). Minimum of five (7) years’ of experience with Cloud technologies. (AWS)
4). Programming in Python and Powershell preferred - both in environment
5). Strong Linux troubleshooting experience for command line
Our team manages all functions within the cloud, we create VPCs, configure networking, provision accounts, configure rules & regulations and provide user accounts.
- Minimum 6 years hands-on experience in the design, development, and implementation in AWS cloud environment (VPC, IAM, AMI, S3, EC2, ELB, RDS, SQS, SNS, Route53 etc.) using emerging cloud technologies.
- Experience deploying and supporting medium to large IaaS, PaaS environments
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Linux systems administration.
- Understand AWS/Azure architectural best practices as well as experience in the use of Ansible, Chef, or Puppet, programming/Scripting languages and Cloud Security.
- Knowledge experience with repositories such as GitHub preferred, nice to have experience with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Dynatrace, DevOps tools and continuous pipeline; Build/release a plus.
- Solid experience with Infrastructure as Code/automation technologies
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing container solutions on Kubernetes or AWS ECS is a plus
- Exhibit mastery of scripting in Python and PowerShell required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, Cloud and End-User technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills desired.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Must be capable to provide solutions to identified systems issues.
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and success criteria through collaboration with internal and external customers. Leverage these criteria and integrate business and technical knowledge when designing and developing solutions to deliver optimal, elegant solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements while delivering the best value and user experience.
- Provide escalation support to troubleshoot and maintain production infrastructure and to resolve production issues and outages.
- Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
- Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Perform routine operational tasks, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems, and key processes.
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform systems related maintenance such as systems rebooting, patching, backups, snapshots, health monitoring, hardware/software asset management, software distribution and systems decommissioning.
- Install, configure, test and maintain systems, application software and infrastructure tools.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform specific projects independently.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interact with senior engineers and management to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across all departments and vendors.
- Accountable for managing all assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place systems.
- Assists junior and subordinate staff in researching technical problems and complex designs in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participates in on-call 24X7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Partner with IT architecture team and management to design, implement, maintain and create an AWS and/or Azure cloud strategy, roadmap, solutions, infrastructure, standards, and processes. Write scripts / code to build and automate the cloud environment.
- Provide hands-on technical support for cloud technologies, and describe customized solutions to address complex environments. Document the installation and configuration procedures for the teams use.
- Assist software developers and other team members by implementing required API’s, IAM, AMIs and policies.
- Responsible for the integration of cloud technologies- IaaS, PaaS and Enterprise tools such as monitoring, logging and creation of development tools.
- Collaborate with the Cyber Security team in periodic reviews of the cloud security in order to implement strong security practices.
- Provide on-call 24X7 support by working a flexible work schedule as needed, in the event of system outage or failure, complying with Incident Management and Severity 1 escalation procedures and reporting practices.