We are seeking a Sr Windows Systems Administrator to join our team! You will handle a variety of projects to support and improve the organization's network systems. This position will be supporting the Combat Arms Center (CAC) G6 Mission Data Center (MDC) on a US Army contract at Fort Leavenworth, KS. This is the start of a three (3) year IT services contract managing a SharePoint Server Enterprise. The candidate must have experience configuring and administering Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server, and SharePoint Server 2013 – 2016. Must have experience with VMware 6.0, and practical experience to perform VMware server farms contingency operations, disaster recovery, business continuity, COOP, and contingency processes. This position is on a secure government facility, however we do have the ability to process a Secret clearance for qualified candidates. All candidates MUST have the Security+ certification in order to be considered for the program.
This position will start on site for the first 3-6 weeks, and then will be 50% remote for the remainder of the engagement.
We are looking for the following experience (roughly 5+ years)
- VMware ESXi, vRealize Operations (vROps), and vCloud.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Administration
- EMC VNX SAN and Fibre Channel switches
- MS SQL database (SQL 2014 with always on availability cluster)
- MS IIS and related services
- MS SharePoint Server 2013/2016
- Manage all aspects of the networking platform
- Troubleshoot network & system issues
- Monitor active network and server infrastructure
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Administer network security measures to prevent system interruptions or breaches
- Execute sensitive data backup and restoration procedures
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
VMware, VSphere, EMC VNX SANs, and Microsoft Infrastructure Systems are important skillsets for this position. Practical experience in administering SharePoint Enterprise sized farms is a must. Server management with experience in Operations and Maintenance (O&M), which includes system administration, SQL database administration, data backups, application monitoring, performance monitoring, capacity planning, problem resolution, troubleshooting / performing diagnostics, recommendations, infrastructure software deployment, application software deployment, configuration and patch management, incident response, and Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure. Must be able to mentor and train junior level administrators and brief customers on system performance and status updates. Duties are as follows and performs:
- Daily health and status monitoring of SharePoint Server Farm to include Windows Server 2012/2016, SQL Servers 2014/2017, and SharePoint 2013/2016.
- Create and update dashboards within vROps and other tools to provide effective Business Intelligence views.
- Provide weekly updates on Infrastructure Uptime, Availability, and Accessibility to the customer staff with ability to tailor views.
- Patch to DISA standards Windows OS, SQL, SharePoint and other applications within the SharePoint 2013 Farm.
- Implementation of the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) within the VMware infrastructure and within the SharePoint 2013 Farm.
- Creates documentation on processes and operational procedures (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, SOPs) used within an operational environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- DoD 8570.1M IAT Level II (CE – MCSE Server Infrastructure or equivalent/updated training)
- Familiar with Drupal, Windows Server 2012r2, SharePoint 2013 – 2016,
- Knowledge and practical experience to perform physical and VMware server farms contingency operations, disaster recovery, and business continuity
- Experience in Operations and maintenance, which includes system administration, SQL database administration, data backups, application monitoring, performance monitoring, capacity planning, problem resolution, infrastructure software deployment, application software deployment, configuration/patch management, and incident response.