Top Three Skills:
1.) 5+ years' professional experience within an instructional design, training, and/or curriculum-building capacity
2.) Demonstrated professional experience requiring use of strong facilitation and presentation skills
3.) Familiarity with e-learning and business applications such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Project, Excel) and Captivate
Our client - a leading healthcare insurer in the local area - seeks an Instructional Design/Curriculum Manager to join their team in a contract-to-hire capacity. This professional would be helping to evaluate existing and design future-state courses and curriculum content using Captivate and Flash tools.
-- This professional needs to have consultative skills as they will be evaluating and building training content with ad for stakeholders to decide what content is most beneficial as the organization continues with enterprise-wide technology efforts.
Sr Instructional Designer:
This position is responsible for creation of effective workforce performance solutions that support enterprise-wide learning and bridge
performance gaps. Develop courseware designs that adhere to adult learning principles and incorporate broad complex interventions that
range in media and complexity. Analyze data and select the most appropriate learning strategy. Consult with business leaders to determine
most appropriate interventions, learning objectives, time to proficiency, and measurement methods to ensure solution efficacy. The
candidate must have the ability to be a hands-on manager of multiple projects/programs with a focus on customer service and execution
against time constraints.
Job Description • Analyze current state environment in relation to strategic business goals and apply best practices and technologies in designing solutions.
• Translate business needs into performance improvement, development and delivery solutions for the identified client problem or
• Perform comprehensive analysis with business partners, vendors and external constituents.
• Develops learning and development deliverables for the enterprise portfolio.
• Identify workforce performance gaps and recommend the most appropriate solutions based on the strategic business case.
• Develop strategies to build and expand communities of practice that enable learners to interact with and listen to each other and key
stakeholders (including customers, communities, health professionals, influencers and other client employees) through emerging and
existing communications tools and methods.
• Lead teams or participate as a team member in implementing strategic consulting projects that drive significant follow-on work, including:
organizational diagnostics, strategic planning, impact mapping, performance-based curriculum design, e-learning opportunity analysis, rollout
planning and communication design, measurement and evaluation strategy, and feasibility studies.
• Design learning and development strategies and programs to increase productivity, employee performance and employee satisfaction and
designs metrics to track the effectiveness of these programs.
• Design and develop relevant blended learning interventions which include instructor led, web based, computer based, mobile, and virtual
synchronous/asynchronous delivery options.
• Measure solution effectiveness using Kirkpatrick's levels 1-4 and other sanctioned tools.
• Proficient development of graphics editing, simulations, games and other interactive solutions using industry standard software.
• Assure leadership alignment and end user adoption of solutions through skilled client consultations and change management
methodologies throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Perform requisite testing and production moves using the appropriate enabling technologies.
• Maximize enabling learning technologies in compliance with AICC, SCORM and proprietary standards.
• Produce multimedia end user, facilitation guides and EPSS as applicable.
categories: multimedia development, human performance improvement, videography, organizational development,
measurement/evaluation, project management, or social media
• 2 years experience in the design and advocate of learning solutions in support of client business goals and strategies
• If no degree, 9 years work experience as an instructional designer, including 4 years experience in two or more of the following categories:
multimedia development, human performance improvement, videography, process improvement, organizational development,
measurement/evaluation, project management, or social media
• Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or Adult Education preferred
• Master’s degree in relevant discipline preferred
• A proven track record in designing/developing effective performance interventions in a corporate setting. Sample portfolio required
• Knowledge of Instructional Systems Design Methodology , Adult Learning and HPI
• Knowledge of industry standard learning technologies
• Proficiency with simulation tools and applications such as Captivate2 years experience in the design and advocate of learning solutions in
support of client business goals and strategies
• Knowledge of instructional objectives, instructional strategy models, blended learning solutions, learning object methodology, and
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and technical skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent consultative skills through all levels of the organization
• Understanding and ability to demonstrate command logic
• Ability to collect and translate business requirements, functional and technical specification
• Proficient with industry standard authoring tools – Captivate, Flash and other simulation/animation packages preferred
• Knowledge of current trends and best practices in learning
• Knowledge of rapid design/development methodologies
• Demonstrate advanced expertise in two or more of the following categories:
1. Multimedia Development: Ability to use common content development tools such as Captivate, Flash, Lectora, Articulate, Photoshop, or
Dreamweaver to develop learning content for a variety of delivery options
2. Measurement/Evaluation: Ability to conduct thorough analysis of learning interventions to evaluate the success criteria for business
objectives, learner satisfaction and engagement, knowledge retention, and ROI
3. Project Management: Ability to lead cross-functional project team to design, develop and implement comprehensive learning solutions
that align with the strategic goals of the company and maximize end-user adoption, learning effectiveness, and integration
4. Organizational Development: Ability to design and implement OD interventions at the enterprise level utilizing a variety of organizational
development theories and models to develop sustainable change within the enterprise
5. Human Performance Improvement: Ability to develop and implement strategies that address workforce performance gaps and improve
workforce performance through specific human performance improvement interventions to anticipate or close existing performance gaps
6. Social Media: Ability to use new media and web 2.0/digital-based methods (SharePoint, LinkedIn, Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter,
Flickr, blogs, wikis, discussion boards, etc.) to create blended learning solutions and support enterprise learning strategies
7. Videography: Ability to provide a complete video-based solution, including pre-production (planning, scheduling, storyboarding/scripting),
production (cameras, lighting, audio, recording, talent), and post-production (special effects, editing, publishing.