Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Two years of recent RN acute care experience required within last 5 years
- Six months experience in inpatient or outpatient behavioral health/psychiatry/community based mental health settings preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.