12 Month Contract
Top Three Skills:
1) Senior Manual Test Analyst with extensive ETL and data mining experience
2) Strong SQL development skills - writing scripts from scratch. Manager described sql skills as a junior sql developer (candidates will be asked to demonstrate their SQL skills on a whiteboard during interview)
3)Exceptional communication skills and root cause analysis. This role interacts with the business and development teams
Job Description: RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish testing deliverables, scope, timeline and quality standards
• Develop comprehensive test strategies, test plans, test scenarios and test cases for complex systems.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and Developers in requirements and design peer review sessions,contribute to documenting quality & testable requirements, provide feedback and gather clarifications in order to effectively prepare test strategy and ensure testability
• Monitor and report on testing metrics, such as test prep, test case execution & defects stats
• Understand customer needs and varied workflows used to meet the testing goals
• Support identification and resolution of complex production issues & root cause analysis
• Identify and communicate risks & issues clearly
• Provide testing estimates, testing tasks breakdown and dependancies to assist PMO with building project plans & deliverables.
• Escalate issues & impacts and provide mitigation plan for testing strategy, quality, timeline, scope and/or resources.
• Review UAT and Training documentation for technical accuracy
• Assist with the User Acceptance Testing and Business Exploratory testing
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical related field, or equavalent experience.Requirements:
• 7+ years of sofware testing experience
• Knowledge of ETL, BI Tools, Data Warehouse, • Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Integration Services and/or Analysis Services.
• Thorough knowledge of the Software Testing tools including test management and defect management
• Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle and methodologies
• Demonstrated experience of estimation and planning
• Understanding of project management concepts and techniques required
• Thorough understanding of systems, servers, data processing policies, practices and procedures.
• Thorough understanding in systems analysis, decomposing requirements into testable workflows and test assets design techniques
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, design test strategies and test assets, and validate complex applications and systems
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and improve process efficiency
• Demonstrated ability to reduce and/or prevent production defects based on the continuous root cause analysis and process improvement
• Proven hands on experience with SQL and scripting knowledge
• Knowledge of ETL, BI Tools, Data Warehouse, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Integration Services and/or Analysis Services.
• Peer mentoring experience of more junior team members and onboarding new hires
• Demonstrated ability to successfully document and communicate testing artifacts and issues to all levels of staff (technical and non-technical)
• Ability to be flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment for self as well as team. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business judgment
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce
• Acts independently under minimal direction
Qualifications (Nice to Have):
• Experience with test automation scripting & tools
• Understanding of Java, C# .NET, ASP.NET, RulesEngine
• Experience testing android mobile applications Travel Requirements: up to 10% travel