TEKsystems Durham, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
Top Skills' Details
1. Strong experience in Project Management
2. Agile/Waterfall background- ability to practically drive agile processes, but not by the book as their environment is not there yet.
3. Business experience- Ability to gain buy in from the business side and stakeholders.
4. Driving roadmaps- planning with other teams such as IT/Infrastructure, Engineering, and Product Management. Ability to plan/prioritize the to-dos and drive accordingly to meet monthly deliverables.
5. GxP experience 5+ years- also having document management system experience or Veeva Metadata is a huge plus (clinical technologies)
Secondary Skills - Nice to Haves
Job Purpose: The Corporate Senior IT Project Manager is a critical member of the Project Management Office (PMO), providing hands on leadership for all aspects of their projects. In this position, s/he will align closely to IT Product Management, to lead IT and the business stakeholders through complex programs and projects. Their main responsibility will be leading a core project team through the initiation, backlog/scope creation, and regular delivery of their project workstreams.
The IT Project Manager will monitor and control the scope, schedule, and financial health of the program, partner across IT and the business to match the right resources to the right initiatives, and ensure that best practices and governance models are being followed.
Stakeholder Management: build and leverage relationships with key stakeholders, through proactive communication and hands on support
Planning: work with IT Product Management, Engineering & Development, Infrastructure, and Apps Management to plan the systematic releases in line with the prioritized backlog
Schedule Management: actively track key project milestones across your portfolio, either confirming realization of commitment or taking corrective action (e.g. mitigation, change request).
Project Governance: ensure all projects are following the agreed best practices and PMO processes.
Financial Management: regularly monitor and analyze the financial health of your project and take corrective actions.
Quality: systematically improve the quality of information being shared (e.g. project estimates, status reports, project forecasts, risks and issues) and ensure that the solution being delivered meets the quality expectations of the key stakeholders.
Team Leadership: Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner. Lead virtual teams on a daily basis, to ensure alignment and progress as planned.
Job Qualifications :
• 5+ years of Project Management experience, working on GxP/validated projects.
• Experience working on clinical technology preferred.
• Proficient in project management core competencies such as scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, and resource management.
• Understanding of various Project Management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall/Traditional, Agile/Scrum) required.
• Software development lifecycle, application deployment, and information systems planning experience.
• Experience working in a matrix organization managing senior stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• MBA or Master’s in Project Management a plus
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent highly desired
• Agile certifications (PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, SAFE) or equivalent highly desired
Additional Skills & Qualifications
Nick goes for very sharp candidates with personalities that can engage people in a room- being able to get buy in from business users and stakeholders while still driving a project forward and gaining trust/building relationships. The company is really trying to serve the business vs just hiring technical/IT PMs for specific projects. Candidates need to have this mindset.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
PAREXEL is a leader in the clinical trials industry. Long term program opportunity with potential for full time conversion. Ability to build program from creating and driving the roadmap. High touch program that will have a lot of visibility from CIO.
TEKsystemsWhy Work Here?
This long term opportunity offers plenty of room for growth, great benefits, and ability to work remote!
Our client is mission focused, and as such, provides a holistic approach to fully address, integrate, and manage the full life cycle requirements of our customer's mission critical infrastructure and systems. From the initial needs assessment, to systems engineering, design, and provisioning, through installation, and on-going system operations and maintenance, Our client provides value-oriented and innovative solutions to meet our customer's unique data, voice, security, video, and electrical needs.
ConstructionView all jobs at TEKsystems