Lead/Sr. DevOps Engineer
TEKsystems Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Note*** THIS IS A 100% REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
As an engineer in the Special Projects Group, the ideal candidate will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies that will shape the future. This team builds product tools that enable control and testing of new hardware, tools for enhancing developer workflows, and automation pipelines for product development. The ideal candidate will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. The ideal candidate will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment.
Our client is looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about joining their Special Projects Team as a Senior Dev Ops Engineer. Our client is focused on autonomous technology that spans across numerous different technology disciplines. Do you enjoy making foundational changes that increase speed, reliability and robustness of systems that benefit large sections of people across an organization? Do you see envision and formulate solutions to infrastructure problems while thinking like a software developer? If so, you would fit right into their team.
Our team provides cloud-based infrastructure and services that enable high performance computing, big data processing, machine learning, and other AI applications in the cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to lay the foundations for the infrastructure, tools, and services powering our next generation of cloud compute. The team works on fresh, dynamic challenges every day and prides itself on delivering robust, well engineered solutions that tackle these challenges. You will need to be a self- starter, ready to dig in and own projects, collaborate cross-functionally, and deliver quality results. The work is challenging, but you can count on a deep level of support from your team. In this role, you will:
- Lead and architect compute infrastructure to enable high performance compute and AI applications in the cloud
- Lead and architect our growing AWS footprint
- Build solutions that allow our R&D teams, engineers, and data scientists to work at scale without fighting the infrastructure
- Provide guidance and leadership on our use of internal and external cloud infrastructure
Top Skills Requested:
- Looking for someone who can write an application in Python- package that application- deploy it and monitor it. Nuts to bolts experience
- 6 to 8 years as Cloud DevOps Engineer- prefer AWS
- Must be able to script in Python- prefer folks who have OOP principles
- Experience automating cloud environments- understanding different AWS services EC2 etc.
**really looking for someone who can provide guidance/advice on current platform.
- At least 5+ years hands-on experience in infrastructure engineering, DevOps, or software engineering staff member
- Excellent Python, bash, and scripting fundamentals
- Expertise with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure, or similar
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, or CloudFormation
- Experience in building systems where observability is a first class concern using protocols and tools that cover the space of log aggregation, analytics, monitoring, distributed systems tracing and alerting
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Able to build tools from scratch when needed
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems, CI/CD systems, Jenkins
- Proficient at Linux system administration
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes Experience with modern web services architectures
- Experience with Git
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
TechnologyView all jobs at TEKsystems