Lead DevOps Engineer
TEKsystems Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75 to $80 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical
***THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE 6 MONTH CONTRACT TO HIRE***
Top Skills Needed:
1) DevOps Experience - We are looking for an Engineer with 5+ years of experience in Dev Ops, ideally from a development background. This person will be responsible for working with the development team to implement the Dev Ops approach to applications development and integrated operations. This person should have an understanding of network configuration including DNS and load balancing.
2) Automation - this group uses Jenkins for automation of integration and deployment. This engineer will be responsible for owning the existing automation, but also for determining strategy for these tools moving forward.
3) monitoring/reporting - This person needs to have experience implementing monitoring, alerts, and reporting about application performance, stability, security, resilience, and availability. This can be with any tool set, but this engineer should have experience analyzing the application to create meaningful thresholds for alerts in production.
4) Public Cloud - This group uses OpenShift from Redhat and AWS. Experience deploying DevOps in public cloud is a requirement with the specific platforms being a plus. Experience with containers deployed in public cloud platforms is a requirement, ideally Kubernetes or EKS.
5) CI/CD/Automation - This group uses Jenkins, but is not tool specific. This engineer should have experience building CI/CD pipelines and working with dev teams to ensure smooth code integration.
We are looking for an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. In this position, you will manage cloud based infrastructure, an automated CI/CD deployment pipeline and processes. Monitor the heath and reliability of each server environment (e.g. Dev, Test, and Prod). Implement and maintain monitoring and processes with the aim to head off issues before they impact our customers.
• Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
• Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
• Handle code deployments in all environments
• Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
• Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
• Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
• Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
• Manage CI and CD tools with team
• Document and design various processes; update existing processes
• Improve infrastructure development and application development
• Troubleshoot any issues and outages, review logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration and IT related tasks
• 4+ years using Source code control systems such as GIT or Bitbucket
• 2+ years log monitoring using tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, or New Relic
• 2+ years Network configuration including DNS, Load Balancing.
• 2+ years hands on experience on Openshift and/or AWS cloud hosting environments
• 2+ years Relational databases and SQL
• 2+ years ECS or Kubernetes
• 2+ years using automation deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
• Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies