Top Three Skills:
- Experience working with telephony or phone systems - ideally Cisco based systems (CUCM, CME, etc.). 50% of their time will be spent traveling to configure and install CME's.
- 1+ year of Networking experience - specifically troubleshooting OSI Layer 1-3 Routing and Switching issues, Network connectivity and LAN/WAN issues
- Secret Clearance; Security+ CE (CCNA is a nice to have); open to 50% travel CONUS and OCONUS
- A lot of the day-to-day will be replacing old CME's at store (commissary) locations to improve overall unified communications and efficiencies within the VOIP infrastructure - most of the work is remote-in work; some of it will be physical in traveling to various store locations
• Ability to document and track all changes to the network/VoIP infrastructure – specifically, within CME
- Must be able to execute cutovers on new CMEs when routers are set up and installed
• Candidate needs to be well versed in Cisco CLI commands and configuring VoIP routers and switches
• Candidate needs to have experience with configuring and adjusting dial-peers.
• Experience with creating “As-Builts” in Microsoft Visio.
• Some experience with building Gateways in both CME and CUCM preferred.
• Needs to also know how to build CUE out of the box, including auto attendant menus, and voicemail.
• Candidate should know basic debugs to run when troubleshooting a phone, an analog line or a PRI.
• Customer service skills are a must; candidate should be able to deal with difficult customers in a professional manner at all times.
• Candidate should know their cabling color codes/standards; must be able to provide assistance in patching cables and terminating jacks at DeCA HQ and while visiting stores; experience with CAT 3/5 and fiber optic cable install, fabrication, splicing, termination, and certification.
• Perform all aspects of job associated with fiber network media, patch panels, cabinets, UTP cabling, crossover cabling, backbone and horizontal cabling (50-100pair).
• Configure and install hubs, switches, and preconfigured routers as needed.
• Monitor and ensure Remedy ticket handling Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met, and also monitor SLA metrics for trending and customer service improvement purposes.