A large software company in San Diego is seeking a Hybrid UI/UX Designer to turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that make their products easy use while still delivering huge customer benefits.
This is a 6-month long contract.
- Apply strategic design thinking to deliver a best in class product experience
- Create experiences that are both customer-inspired and data-informed
- Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members
- Prioritize work & multi-task well; Wear multiple hats in a true start-up spirit to support adjacent areas like interaction design or user research
- Design for multiple platforms within the realm of technical possibilities
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs
- Design and maintain product marketing experiences
- Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, high fidelity visual designs, and prototype
- Strong conceptual thinking
- 3 - 5+ years of visual design experience with product marketing and consumer applications
- Intimate knowledge of Sketch, Adobe, software, and prototyping tools
- Strong leadership skills - ability to work with Art Directors, Project Managers, Engineers, and Senior Leaders
- A solid understanding of interaction, information architecture, user interfaces, and product marketing experiences
- A portfolio with examples of compelling product and product marketing experiences; bonus points for showing process, design thinking, and rationale.