Top Three Skills:1. AWS Services
2. 3-5 Years experience in DevOps
3. Experience working in a startup environment
Job Description: The Position
This position is responsible for helping grow the DevOps programs. You will be responsible for operating and managing our client's Cloud infrastructure and Cloud Applications by working closely with the engineering, QA, business, Information Security and IT operations teams.
Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting the DevOps and DevSecOps practice by leveraging managed service providers, engineering and supporting internal toolsets for cloud infrastructure and operations, creating and supporting CI/CD pipelines, and supporting security operations in the cloud.
The candidate must be a self-starter and should be able to work independently. Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills and be willing to adapt to changing responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Build and operate the DevOps and DevSecOps practice
• Continuously improve DevOps and DevSecOps services by recommending and implementing improvements to Cloud Infrastructure architecture and operations by leveraging industry best practices and innovative thinking.
• Provide engineering capabilities in support of the DevOps practice.
• Provide operational support to toolsets implemented in support of the DevOps practice.
• Managing and operating Cloud Infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline in support of Unison's Cloud Applications.
• Perform project leadership tasks on select projects
• Provide architectural oversight and direction for DevOps practice for select projects
• Research emerging technologies and maintain awareness of current DevOps best practices.
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in computer science or related field, or Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in the field of DevOps and DevSecOps in at least three of the following areas: CI/CD pipeline operations, AWS Management, Configuration Management Systems, Cloud Security, Cloud Operations, incident management, Engineering and Automation, build systems and system administration for a small to medium production environment.
• 5+ years in the area of information technology in three of the following areas: systems engineering, networking, applications engineering, security, databases, storage, client-side technologies or systems' administration
• Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, ingenuity and the ability to work as part of a team
• Experience with developing and implementing DevOps practice.
• Excellent communication skills with a track record of partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve success
• Advanced analysis and decision-making skills to facilitate resolution of complex issues, and to promote and evangelize an effective DevOps practice at Unison.
• Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
• Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
Additional Information: The mission for this position is create and operate a world class DevOps practice. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-growing startup and a growing DevOps team where you will get a chance to work in many different DevOps and application support roles.