Desktop Support Technician
TEKsystems Stratham, NH
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Month(s) contract to hire
Conversion is 50-60k.
This is a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity for a Service Delivery Technician II with one of our largest global retailers. They must be able to juggle multiple issues and not get overwhelmed by the work. An ability to support executives is also important so very professional communication and a customer service mentality. Looking for someone that can lead projects and pull people together to problem solve. They will be responsible for gathering requirements.
Enterprise Req Skills
desktop support,windows 10,mac,troubleshooting,hardware,office suite,imaging,refresh,problem solving,gathering requirements
Service Delivery Technician II
Top Skills Details
Our client is looking for a Service Delivery Technician for their team. This person will be brought in to take initiative and focus on their hardware deployments, setup, and day-to-day support. Their role will consist of troubleshooting, imaging and assisting with the tech bar- which is a walk up IT service desk. Looking for 5 years experience.
1. Previous experience providing in person support with Windows 10 and Mac (is a plus) in a medium size environment (100+ users)
2. Ability to troubleshoot the entire Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
3. Ability to provide first level troubleshooting on hardware such as printers, handheld devices, laptops, etc.
Customer Service experience is just as important as their technical experience. Personality is a huge factor to this position- they need to be self motivated and great at working independently or with a team. They need to be relatable and engaging. They must be able to juggle multiple issues and not get overwhelmed by the work. An ability to support executives is also important so very professional communication and a customer service mentality.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities could include but not limited to:
-Building PCs for the user community, break/fix, replacements
- Account lockouts (user has been locked out of their account)
- Excel not working
- How to use video conference (Zoom)
,Stratham,New Hampshire,United States,03885
Exciting contract-to-hire opportunity to support a global retailer.
Client Job Description...
• Identify, triage, and resolve technical problems of moderate complexity.
• Accurately, document, track, and monitor problems using applicable systems and tools.
• Provide support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues.
• Accept various projects, develop work plans, and ensure timely completion as directed.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and a desire to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
• Installation and Support of company required hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, VoIP, scanners, phones, tablets) and software.
• Be a resource to the IT Platforms (Zoom, Local Backups, Local Servers, Local Networks, etc.) that may need assistance with Projects and support of the day to day IT Infrastructure at the location they support
• Help maintain an accurate stockroom inventory of personal computer devices (laptops/desktops) and peripherals (monitors, keyboards, docks)
• Monitor hardware and application performance based on expected benchmarks and provide feedback to the EUS Leadership
• Assist users with new technology training when introducing new offerings (MFA, OneDrive, Self Service, etc.) helping the workforce to adapt and embrace technology to work more efficiently
• Provide tech bar type service for face to face engagement with associates
• Support conferencing/collaboration technology leveraging solutions of Audio/Visual displays (Zoom, telephony, etc...)
• Hardware configuration and deployment following standards
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Other duties as assigned
Drug Test Required
External Communities Job Description
This is a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity looking for someone to join their team and provide on site technical support (troubleshooting, Windows 10, and Mac). They must be able to juggle multiple issues.
An ability to work in a very large organization that promotes from within (there is an opportunity for advancement) and will provide exposure to back end technologies such as servers or network devices. With strong performance, an ability to go perm after 6 months. 50% off all brands under the umbrella.
Stratham, NH 03885
40 hours a week, no on-call support needed as a contractor. Hours typically are 8AM - 5PM.
Additional Skills Tags
imaging,refresh,problem solving,gathering requirements
Additional Skills & Qualifications
QUALIFICATION The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position. • Preferably AA/BS degree in Computer Sciences or related technology field
Impact to the Internal/External Customer
If the users rely on their systems to perform their daily functions, when they are down they need to be fixed ASAP so they can maintain productivity.
The manager would like to set up interviews ASAP.
Why is Position Open?
is a large retailer, like many retailers they heavily relay on their systems to operate their daily business. The Montreal office location has no support and so when systems are down, employees are unproductive and aren\'t able to drive business.
TEKsystemsWhy Work Here?
This opportunity offers lots of room for upward mobility, great training, great benefits, and competitive pay!
TechnologyView all jobs at TEKsystems