Top Three Skills:
1. 3-5 years of experience supporting Windows 7+10: The company is about 80% of the way complete with migrating from Win 7 to Win 10.
2. 3-5 years of experience supporting Mac products:Their environment is 70% Windows, but does still have a strong and growing Mac presence, specifically utilizing Casper admin tool). Recently added Mac configurations as part of standard issued hardware.
3. Active Directory: adding to different groups (not just distribution lists), adding access/permissions to drives, imaging computers, troubleshooting office 354, adding printers to the network.
3. 2-4 years of experience supporting phone setups, troubleshooting, etc (Using Avaya currently and will eventually be migrating to VoIp - strong presence of headsets in the office).
4. Personality/Customer Service (Tech start-up culture with demanding clientele base. Must be able to build trust and keep composure with high profile individuals).
The Technology Department is responsible for the 24/7 operation and support of all IT systems within the company. The IT Support Engineer plays a critical role by directly supporting all team members, providing timely and quality desktop hardware, software and mobile device troubleshooting, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and responsiveness. This position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to work well under pressure while prioritizing multiple requests. This support engineer is part of a global team with a vested interest in providing excellent support with an ever-present customer service mentality. Endeavor is growing through acquisition at a rate of acquiring about 2 new companies every single month, thus the growth opportunity is endless. This environment is dual PC and Mac.
General responsibilities and duties:
- This individual will begin the first 2 hours of their day by working on dispatch of tickets in their queue (ServiceDesk by Manage Engine). They will be responsible for triage, assigning tickets and adding notes. The rest of their day will be spent closing tickets that have been assigned to their specific queue including: password resets, "my outlook is slow and needs a profile rebuilt," "my phone isn't working..." (Both remote and in-person support).
- Supporting 800-900 users locally in LA (multiple buildings in the Beverly Hills, LA area) and about 7,000+ users globally.
- Handle immediate need activities such as video conferencing setups, new employees joining and office reconfigurations
- Ensure all issues are logged and documented in the Helpdesk system
- Quickly and professionally assess issues, and take steps to resolve
- When resolution is complete, document cause and resolution then close Helpdesk incident
- Escalate and refer unresolved issues to other team members or Level 2 when appropriate
- Deal with various vendors (mobile, telecommunications, data etc.) and escalate issues to them directly
- Deal with remote problems.
- Maintain a flexible approach to work schedule with early starts and late finishes (for example, 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm, 10am – 6pm) as rotating patterns, subject to business requirements
- Adherence to and enforcement of all information security protocols
- Must also have the flexibility to travel to other sites when required (this is typically seen as a privilege as the events this individual will be attending are public/high profile).
Additional responsibilities and duties when necessary:
- Administer Windows user accounts in Active Directory
- Setup and support mobile devices
- Setup and support desktop telecommunications terminals (phones, voicemail services and inbound routing)
- Perform basic server administration (power cycle, troubleshooting connectivity issues)
- Manage the network connectivity (patch cables, switch and router infrastructure)
- Ensure a high degree of information security through password controls, prompt termination and activation of users etc.
- Support internally developed software suite, including assisting in QA process
- Manage and maintain Anti-Virus Endpoint Estate
The IT Support Engineer will need a full working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 desktops and laptops
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 productivity software
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server and Windows Server
- Mobile phone devices (iOS, Android)
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN Configuration and Administration
- Mac OSX installation and configuration as well as Office for Mac
- Enterprise experience in deploying, managing and supporting macOS and iOS platforms
- Administration of macOS within JAMF Pro including mass deployment of software, configuration and modular imaging
- VPP, DEP, MDM and APNS technologies
- Ability to triage all Apple ecosystem hardware
- Various printers, scanners, some fax services
- Polycom Video Conferencing Administration
- Enterprise Level AV Administration and Support
- Enterprise Level Backup Systems and Support
- Exposure to Telecoms systems such as Avaya, Cisco, and Shoretel
- Fun/laid back environment (jeans, polo/t-shirt), but expectations are high and everyone moves at a fast pace.
- Office environment is modern, they have a weight room, band room, and cafeteria with beer on tap. They encourage office activities as well. Often host concerts on premise for employees.
- The core business is a talent agency. The CEO has a larger than life personality. They are on pace to continue growing at a rapid rate.
- 9601 Wilshire (about 700 users), 2 buildings across the street (100 users), building in Brentwood area (50 users), Pacific Design Center (20 users), Burbank (20+ users).
Awesome culture, great benefits, periodic travel with the Director of IT to their locations in Dallas, Atlanta, and New York City.
- has a liberal holiday schedule. The company closes for 2 weeks at Christmas. 4th of July is on a Wednesday (they have a skeleton crew Wed, Thurs and Fri), etc.
- This individual will get to support a number of high profile events including UFC, Huntington Open, etc. (should be open to travel occasionally throughout the year, but it's viewed as a gift by employees as they get into events for free and it is paid for).
- There is no set career path. Those who give suggestions and are ambitious and take initiative will have lots of opportunity
- All 3 of the IT Support Engineers TEKsystems placed within the last year in Beverly Hills converted full-time early.