Data Security Architect (Remote position): Our financial client is looking for 3 Data Security Architects to join their Security Architecture organization within their Enterprise Information Security group. This company uses the MapR big data platform, and you will be involved with designing and implementing security solutions within MapR. They are open to hiring candidates who also have other Big Data platform experience. You will be focused on researching different aspects of security and how it will plug into their current infrastructure. You'll also be involved in securing data from one point and into the data lake, while also securing the data lake itself.
Top Skills Needed:
- Data Security experience within SQL, Oracle. This is a MUST HAVE. Will be securing data from one point to the Data Lake, while securing the data lake itself.
- 3-4 years of Big Data platform experience (from a Security perspective) within MapR (preferably), Hadoop, Cloudera, or Hortonworks
- Experience securing Big Data platforms
We are looking for THREE Data Security Architects within their Security Architecture organization within Enterprise Information Security to help come in and work across multiple technical and business functions to provide architectural solutions for secure data management systems in a large corporate environment.
- They will be supporting the Enterprise Data Management program providing information security expertise as it applies to data management
- Security architecture for internal and external data management infrastructure, platform and systems leveraging security and encryption technologies
- Serve as trusted adviser to key business and technology partners.
- Medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Enterprise Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams within their line of business or infrastructure sub-domain (organizational unit) and directing implementation of the architecture for their organizational unit.
- Serves as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's architecture, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of the architecture.
The Data Security Architect works across multiple technical and business functions to provide architectural solutions for secure data management systems in a large corporate environment.
• Support the Enterprise Data Management (DMI) program to provide information security expertise as it applies to data management
• Security architecture for data management infrastructure, platform, and systems leveraging security and encryption technologies
• Serves as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture
Work Environment: Everyone on the team is remote
Interview Information: 1-step Phone Interview (30-40 minutes)
Why consider this opportunity?
- Will be working 100% remote
- Will be a part of the company's Data Lake project, where the goal is to modernize it's data platforms. They want to get all the data from different platforms, organize it methodically in a centralized data lake and then leverage it in a Hadoop-based enterprise data environment.
- The manager feels this contract will get extended past 2019 based on budget and workload