This is a phone-based customer service position supporting a government customer. Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) in this position will answer phone calls from U.S. citizens and utilize a computer-based knowledge system to answer general questions about policies, practices, procedures, and other data to assist callers. Successful candidates will have a customer service orientation with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide superior customer service by answering incoming calls in a timely manner
· Follow established policies and procedures to respond and route calls appropriately
· Gather information to determine customers’ needs; apply problem solving skills and resolve the inquiry/request effectively
· Log customer information into a database ensuring data entry is accurate and complete
· Access knowledge base per customer request for information
· Verify and record demographic data with caller and escalate customer issues as appropriate
· Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines
· Handle inquiries and requests in a courteous and professional manner, including calls received in crisis situations
· Control the pace and flow of the inquiry/request and manage call time effectively
· Follow protocol and apply sensitivity and discretion in handling confidential information
· Assist in maintaining organization wide quality standards
· Flexibility in work hours and shifts including some weekends as needed
· Accept other jobs/duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· At least 18 years of age
· U.S. Citizen
· Proficient in the English language (written and verbal)
· Ability to pass a thorough background check screening (credit and criminal history) to determine fitness for a federal security clearance
· Proficient computer skills (MS Office, keyboarding speed and accuracy, internet-based research)
· Oral and written communication skills sufficient to facilitate clear and accurate information exchanges with customers
· Ability to take direction within a team setting and complete team related work promptly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual will be required to multitask. The employee will also be required to speak, listen, read, and use a computer simultaneously during their scheduled shift. Individuals will be required to be mobile throughout the building.
Individuals will be in a cubicle for most of their scheduled shift. Individuals will work individually, and therefore are required to work well independently, however will also be a member of a team and therefore must be able to work in a team atmosphere. The tasks of the call center are repetitive in nature. The noise level is generally moderate. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To determine if you are a potential candidate for this position a review of the following may apply:
· A criminal background/history inquiry
· Employment verification
· Drug screening
· Credit history
The following may impact your ability to gain the required authorization:
· Poor credit, bankruptcy in the past 2-3 years and/or delinquent payments
· Previous termination from previous employment that involves theft or other negligent actions on your part
· Drug or alcohol use
· Failure to be honest when responding to the required Federal Security Clearance questions.
· Clearance investigations can/will go back as far as 7 years or more.
This job description in no way states or implies all duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.