TEKsystems is looking to a hire a Cable Install and Repair Technician for one of their large clients in the Denver area.
*Note we also need techs in Boulder, Greeley and Ft. Collins*
Top Skills Needed:
1. Copper or Fiber installation and repair experience - Outside and some Inside troubleshooting
2. Pre-fielding Outside Plant and Testing
3. Repair ADSL, VDSL POTS, DSL, bonded copper for IPTV service turn ups.
4. MUST have Android device for scheduling (Device list on Tool List attachment)
5. MUST have own personal vehicle
6. MUST have own personal tools (will send a list once application is received)
- Travel within Denver metro area and repair and installation of POTS and DSL lines.
- Test connections
- Test Broadband speed
- Test Quality of POTS lines, as well as broadband quality
- Ensure lines are secure, working, and finalized before leaving
-The technician will be responsible for performing all phases of installation and repair of copper and fiber cables.
-The technicians we onboard will spend 80% of their time outside troubleshooting the “hub” and 20% of their time in a residential home or office building should the install require escalation.
- Experience w installing, repairing/maintaining, and testing residential/small business/government telecommunication service (POTS and HSI), including Design Services.
- Experience connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals, attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings.
- Analyze and troubleshoot basic technical problems or issues.
- Review and discuss service order requirements and equipment requests with customers, evaluating customers' telecommunication needs and suggesting additional/alternative service as appropriate.
telecommunication service (POTS, Hicap circuits and HSI).
- Initiate or perform cable cuts, transfer projects, and/or load balance cuts, and issues necessary to prevent blocking.
- Run cross-connects
- Review, interpret and work with information on trunk orders, facility orders, message trunk orders, network design orders and/or circuit layout orders.
- Routinely inspect all parts of the frame for breaks or loose equipment.
- Test and check equipment and/or assists other employees in testing and checking equipment.
- Maintain daily frame logs for work unit credit, and files service orders
- Connect, disconnect, remove, rearrange and maintain wires inside a central office.
- Connect wires and cables to terminals, and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and poles.
- Use hand tools, power tools (air and electric), and specialty tools, including electric and electronic measuring devices (e.g., multi-meters, volt-ohm meters).
- Perform continuity and/or conformance testing.
- Read and interpret customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc. from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
- Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
- Repair cut cable of all sizes.