Business Operations Associate
Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Support, the Business Operations Associate (BOA) is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service to external customers as well as corporate and field office employees. The BOA is proficient in the management and collection of customer accounts receivable.
Strong customer relationship orientation, conflict resolution, professionalism, detail-orientation, strong follow-up skills, multi-tasking skills, strong independent judgment, the ability to function in an open environment and the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
- Manage total accounts receivable with an Aging in excess of $3.5 million-$4 million.
- Manage customer accounts, including but not limited to invoicing, PO tracking, account resolution and working with client to resolve outstanding issues.
- Gather the necessary data to assist management with account specific decisions.
- Serve as support liaison for field offices and Operational Support Group with questions pertaining to those local/regional accounts on their Aging including but not limited to client billing and payment policies and/or procedures, PeopleSoft issues, etc.
- Audit accounts to ensure accurate billing and client specific information.
Education and Experience:
Ideal candidates would have one or a mix of the following education and experience:
· 4 year degree in business, operations, management or finance; leadership experience (college or other), related internship or work experience a plus.
· 4 year degree in non-business major, relevant experience in AR/Accounting/Finance/Business preferred.
· 2 year degree and relevant experience in AR/Accounting/Finance/Business required.
· Prior internship or work experience in customer service or a business, financial environment.
· Exceptional organizational and analytical abilities
· Strong communication skills and work ethic
· Goal driven with problem solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Intermediate proficiency in Excel and Word required)
· Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment; although must also be able to work independently.
The chosen candidate will receive a competitive hourly rate commensurate with education and experience, opportunity for overtime and an exceptional benefits package including a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing and vacation pay.
Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the Maryland Job Applicant Fairness Act, this position will be subject to a credit check due to the fact that this job includes at least one of the following criteria:
· Involves a fiduciary responsibility, including the authority to issue payments, collect debts, transfer money or enter into contracts; or
· Involves access to personal information as defined in § 14-3501 of the Maryland Commercial Law; or
· Is managerial and involves setting the direction or control of a department, division or unit