TEKsystems Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TEKsystems is seeking a Technical Writer to join an industry leading technology company in Austin, TX.
You will be an experienced professional who is a self-starter, organized, and passionate about security and attention to detail. You will join a team who is passionate about staying up to date on emerging security vulnerabilities and threats, keeps a cool head in crisis, and advocates every single day for improving the security of our products and services. Successful candidates will need to have a good technical background, superb interpersonal skills, and a strong technical writing and communication skills. You will be assisting the vulnerability management team with tracking security issues/threats and then remediating those threats and providing documentation. Essentially you will be providing a detailed technical synopsis of security threats that is shared with senior leadership.
Top 3-5 duties:
- Customer Service troubleshooting background, identify and solve problems
- Strong writer- communicating over email, product is a written document going to VP level
- Managing multiple projects experience- working 20-25 different teams cross-functionally
- Learn new concepts quickly
- Don’t need InfoSec experience, but nice to have
• Superb communication skills with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive)
• Expertise in risk/threat/vulnerability analysis and discovery as well as exploitation process and techniques
• Expertise in mitigation and defense against known risks
• Strong information security skills and background
• Familiarity with common security vulnerabilities in code and the ability to judge their severity and impact
• Driven to automate and continuously improve
• Passionate about keeping our customers data safe
• Good knowledge of integrating, analyzing, and communicating relevant metrics for very large data sets
• Experience with risk frameworks related but not limited to the following: SOX, SSAE16, ISO 27001, PCI, GDPR, HIPAA
• Shown ability and dedication to work both independently and reciprocally with numerous people and parallel activities at all levels throughout the company
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Sound business discernment and flexibility/adaptability to handle multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
• Excellent problem identification, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to grasp the essence of new technical concepts and explain technical jargon in simplified terms
• Good technical knowledge of security and privacy controls at application, servers, database and network level
• Experience assessing security controls for various technology platforms including Cloud technologies, OS, DB and Networks.
**This is a hybrid role with 3 days in office and 2 days remote**
BusinessView all jobs at TEKsystems