Location- San Fran
- Working on the Gateway product which is a Developer portal for internal use
- Content Strategist will be focused on the UCD "User Centered Design" of the various apps and components. Will provide Content Strategy viewpoint and perspective while collaborating with other designers and Product managers about the creation of the experience.
- Maybe some content editing
- This group is true Content Strategy where April's group is more content writing
- UX Writing exp
- 3-5 years of UX or content strategy
- UCD experience
Nice to haves:
- Agile nice to have, but big plus
-Financial services is a plus
CLIENT JOB DESCRIPTION:The UX Writer/Editor produces content (editorial) deliverables (copy deck, messaging, and user assistance content) to support digital product design and development across multiple projects and products. This role is in the Customer Experience Design (CXD) group that designs online software and services for this client's commercial customers. Note: not marketing content or brochure writing.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience in the following:
* UX design process (from start to finish - idea to launch, waterfall and agile processes)
* Documenting wireframe (UI) content
* Creating user-facing (customer) support content
* Timeline/deadline management for multiple, concurrent projects
* Working with cross-functional teams to collaborate/solve design/content problems
* Leading content reviews to present a POV as well as gather input/feedback
* Must also be a resourceful, self-starter
Each project requires close collaboration with various teams (internal CXD teammates such as content strategists, producers, interaction designers, and visual designers, as well as product/business groups and multiple technology teams) to develop content within documented standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Develop customer-focused content, including UI copy, labels and definitions, in-flow and on-screen messages, and instructional/help (user assistance) content in compliance with standards and content strategy.
* Engage across multiple teams to gather and clarify content and requirements.
* Collaborate with User Experience teams to ensure consistency across deliverables to inform editorial standards and considerations.
* Deliver content in required formats working with internal customers to ensure deliverables support Business and Technology requirements.
* Work with project teams to establish timelines and due dates for specific deliverables and provide ongoing status.
* Support peer reviews and provide feedback as needed.
* 5+ years of technical/UX writing experience for online and mobile products (7+ for Senior)
* Demonstrated experience with overall UX design processes, including UCD principles and implications for content
* Demonstrated experience documenting wireframe content (UI copy), in-flow messages. (Samples required)
* Demonstrated experience creating user-facing instructional and help copy, including relevant imagery from the product/service (screenshots or info graphics). (Samples required)
* Cross-channel (browser, tablet, smartphone) writing experience, strong understanding of responsive design and implications for content
* Understanding of digital content lifecycle management and technologies, demonstrated experience with content management systems
* Demonstrated experience with American for Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility compliance requirements and implications for content
* Previous experience with Financial Services preferred
* Previous experience working with design systems and established standards preferred
* Proficiency with Adobe Pro (X up), MS Office suite, TechSmith Snagit (for screen capture, data scrubbing), Confluence and JIRA.