Network Controller at Hill AFB, Ogden UT.
This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
* Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
* Identify and document network errors and solutions.
* Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
* Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
* Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices, phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure, call manager systems, Video Teleconference (VTC) systems video recording/viewing/distribution systems, and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
* Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices including MSPP, Promina, ATM, and Optical.
* Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
* Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
* Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
* Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
* General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
* Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.