Our client, is a startup group inside of a company that produces over 1 billion in revenue. Our client is a digital transportation solutions provider that uses cutting-edge technology to push the envelope to bring unmatched quality to our customers. They are focused on leveraging the latest technologies to solve the complex, yet-to-be-solved problems of the trucking industry. Low levels of driver satisfaction and complexity of vast networks have plagued traditional carriers for decades. We are challenging the status quo by placing ourselves at the forefront of technological innovation by finding new ways to leverage existing and emerging technologies. We set ambitious goals and are looking for driven individuals who don't believe any obstacle is too big or any problem unsolvable. If you'd like to take part in building the foundation of a cutting-edge technology company that will change the future of trucking, this is the place for you!
The Developer will get to lead in the creation of software development, configuration, and integration as we build applications. You will be able to work with Data Analysts, User Experience personnel, and architects to create amazing applications for our users. Sounds great right?
Duties & Responsibilities
* Drive agile story development and progression with technical and business stakeholders
* Drive the development life cycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalities for assigned software applications
* Develop and setup API Integrations with various internal services and 3rd parties that streamline transactions
* Provide adequate test coverage include unit and automated tests
* Design and development of database models (Cloud based RDMS/GraphDB)
* Working with design recommendations and feedback to improve design and usability for users
* Play a core role in establishing development guidelines and standards
* Drive design proposals to reflect costs, time required, and alternative approaches to satisfying existing and future needs Qualifications Education
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested. Experience
* 4 + years of experience with Python, Java, or other software as a software developer
* Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability applications with an active and growing user base.
* Experience designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs.
* Working knowledge of Agile practices and CICD pipeline adherence
* Solid understanding of a micro service architecture and REST principles, preferred Skills/Certifications
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good judgment and problem solving skills