**This role SITS ONSITE at HILL AFB in Utah and requires an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE**
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
- Identify and document network errors and solutions.
- Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices, phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure, call manager systems, Video Teleconference (VTC) systems video recording/viewing/distribution systems, and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices including MSPP, Promina, ATM, and Optical.
- Prefer bachelor's degree; High School diploma and 3+ years of experience.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.