The Major Incident Technical Analyst is an entry level position within the Command Center that monitors the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions.
Primary responsibilities include reacting to alerts and events according to documented processes, which will include actions such as contacting the customer, troubleshooting the issue, and/or escalating to higher level technicians, and following resolution End to End.
Analyst will also be responsible for researching unknown alerts and developing a plan of action for items that are either unidentified or potential candidates for automation. After a plan of action is identified, the Technician is responsible for collaborating with appropriate teams to integrate rules for unidentified alerts or assist with steps to complete automation.
When not responding to alerts, Technician will manage the Shared Services ticket queue to ensure KPI are met.
The person in this position is required to work in a team environment, under limited supervision and reports to the Event Management Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Monitor real time dashboards and alert activity through the software monitoring system
* Be the front line to Command Center's technical support staff members by coordinating and routing incidents, calls and tickets
* Perform notification and escalation of the incident as documented in use case specific procedures in accordance with established guidelines and standards
* Log all activities into the incident management system
* Track incidents where applicable to verify that response times and availability requirements established in the SLA are met
* Develop action for automation candidate and unknown alerts
* In the absence of active alerts, troubleshoot and resolve incidents and requests for support through the Shared Services Queue
* Assist with documenting and updating departmental procedures and work instructions
* Must be professional, personable, and courteous at all times
* Continually look for opportunities to improve service to the customer
* Mentor Help Desk team members by providing necessary assistance, guidance, and training
* Participate on special projects as needed and defined, meeting all time lines
* Work required hours, meet standards for availability, and communicate with manager when variations are needed
* 1-2 years related experience (or similar IT experience)
* My IT related experience will include SME, Help desk
* Experience in Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, Yubikey, PingID, Mobile Device
* Minimum technical skills equivalent to CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MTA
* Knowledge and experience with IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, ping, trace route
* Excellent computer-based, telephonic, verbal and written communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task and successfully prioritize workload
* Knowledge and experience using a trouble ticketing system such as Remedy
* A proven track record of punctual and consistent attendance
* Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in an ever-changing / fast-paced environment
* Must have demonstrated skills of leadership, collaboration, and diplomacy
* Inter-group collaborative skills a must