Incident Management/Services Analyst
The Incident Management/Services Analyst Analyst performs technical analysis of system/service issues and outages as they occur across the enterprise, then troubleshoots and acts to resolve the issue or escalates to appropriate parties.
The successful applicant will perform proactive monitoring, configuration management and fault resolution of assigned networks and services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform basic troubleshooting to identify/isolate issue area, attempt to resolve, then escalate to appropriate technical teams/3rd party if not able to resolve within defined timeframe.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, data center, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications and conduct basic system administration tasks to resolve.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- User level understanding and experience with Windows, Linux OS, network hardware and protocols, network storage systems, and Apache web servers.
- Experience in telecommunication, internet, or network operation center environments.
- Experience working with multiple monitoring systems and ability to visualize multiple inputs to single source correlation resulting in immediate resolution actions
- Highly proficient in troubleshooting theory
- Strong ability to prioritize dynamic tasks received during the work day
- Effectively communicates with users, IT professionals and team members typically reporting and discussing progress of projects/incidents